When to buy gas?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WXMotorSports DecalsPartsAccs

Reaction score
Big topic today in the Seattle Times and on several radio stations where a gallon of gas will hit 4.00 this summer for regular unleaded.

An analyst called into the station and said the industry does it's statistics for fuel consumption from Weds through Sunday and buying gas on a Monday or Tuesday will reduce the price per gallon as it will appear supply demand is less.

He also said US Government as well as State Government does nothing to regulate the price of gas.

I don't know if that is true or not just thought I would share.

Gas from Feb 26th to April 25th has gone up 90 cents. WA also pays 70.2 cents per gallon in state, local taxes.

Rob,

What I am tired of are reports like this. I am convinced analysts are at arms length with oil suppliers, refiners, and major companies. If an article comes out that gas will hit $4/gallon, it acts as a green light to meet that prediction--which it is just that, a prediction.

The same runs true for speculators. Oh, no, unrest is driving prices. Um. If that's the case, then the farmers worrying that their cows will get sick should drive up milk prices. And, car washes, worried about sunny days, should charge more before it gets sunny.

Three years ago, the industry used tension as an excuse to mess with prices. Now, it has become one of many excuses.

I have noticed around here, gas is cheaper late at night. First thing in the morning it is more expensive, people filling up on the way to work. Our price flucuates too much, about 5 cents difference a day. We are at 2.69

In Atlanta, gas is more expensive inside Atlanta city limits by $.15 per gallon or more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Around here the gas usually has been going up on Thursdays, around noon or just after. I have seen gas go up from the time I went to lunch and when I was heading back from lunch.

Recently the gas stations have changed their pricing at unpredictable times. A few weeks ago, we had gas go down on Thursday, from $2.75 down to $2.69, then on this past Tuesday the price jumped to $2.83 ??

There is really no reason for the price increase, only the oil speculators get nervous if an Saudi Prince farts, or a car bomb goes off in Bagdad...neither of which actually threaten the oil supply. The speculators are the reason for the gas price increases and the oil companies are just giving the public the excuses.

...Rich

I drive through the rough part of town here and it is cheaper there. Also it is cheaper on mondays and tuesdays. Seems to go up on wednesday and thursday.