Where is the fuel filter on a 2004 ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Smith 4

Reaction score
I have been trying to search this site for my question, but nothing came up. Then I started looking at post, but after a couple hours of not finding anything after doing a search, I figured I better just ask. I have a 2004 ST XLT with the 4.0 V-6 w/ Flex Fuel capability and I am wondering where is the fuel filter is located. Doing a websearch I find only information on Old Explorers from 2001 and earlier. In that time who knows what has changed techncally.

Thanks

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah if you take it in to have it replaced like I did last month, they might quote you a really high price because the 2001 was in a place that took a lot of man hours to get to. but remind them that the 2004 is easy to get to and get them to requote you. I didn't have the special tool you need, so I had it done on my oil change. It is scedule to be replaced on your 30000 mile mark.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help.

I saw that Pep Boys included changing the fuel filter with a tune up service, but wasn't sure if the filter was in the fuel tank like on some vehicles around I was told about. Which is as stupid when GM put the oil Filter inside where you had to take the oil pan off to change it.

How ever, to me a tune up these days should be more than just changing plugs. New wire (better ones atleast), then all possible filters. Timing thse days I am guessing is all done thru the computer..