Where to buy performance rotors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenn Tina

Reaction score
Ok gang the time has come for me to get some new rotors. I have been putting this off for over a year because I haven't been driving the ST much. I haven't been able to find anything trustworthy in my searches so far so I was hoping maybe a few of you would have some recommendations on where I can buy Slotted/and or/Cross drilled rotors. Thanks in advance.

I bought the rotorpros off Ebay, not too bad, they are noisy and chew up the pads good...

Rob SST sells some of the better brand d/s rotors...

Todd Z

http://www.wxmotorsports.com/

I bought the ones off of Tirerack.com when I did the brakes on my '01. I don't recall the brand, but they were slotted and dimpled. I paired them with a set of ceramic pads from the site too, and they worked well and were only a little bit loud (almost like a helicoptor noise). I think that was from the dimples. My wife's car has cross drilled rotors on it and they are quiet except for under heavy braking.

lol A1...

Mine almost sound like a base ball card in the bicycle spokes...LOL

Todd Z

i purchased pads and rotors from r1concepts off ebay and i must say very VERY dissapointed in the preformace. very loud squeals and almost metal on metal sounds with the helicopter sound. they told me it was faulty pads and sent me a new set but the sound has come back. not sure if its the cross drilled rotors or not!

I have the Power Slot rotors with Hawk pads. Very quiet - no helicopter noise - good performance. I recommend this combination.

Ryan, what kind of pads did they send? I have D/S rotors I got off rrotors on E-Bay and they made all kinds of noise with Semi-Metallic pads (major squeel). When I switched to Performance Friction Ceramic Pads, the squeel went away and hasn't been heard since. I've put almost 29K miles on them and am now just about at the point of having to replace them (still have some life left). I only get the "helicopter noise" when I do heavy braking. Under normal braking it's no different than the smooth rotors. I would go and get a good set of ceramics and not count on the "ceramics" they are sending, if that's what they say they are sending.;)