Whistling intake

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Long

Reaction score
I've been meaning to ask about this for awhile now and keep forgetting... I'm getting an annoying whistle at part throttle while accelerating, started up after installing my intake system. I've got the Zabteck true cold air and C&L MAF, as well as a slight work-over of my TB that I did (knife edged butterfly, half-shafted and flush cut screws). I seem to remember Todd (I think) mentioning that there's a spot that can be dremeled in the TB to help relieve the whistle, but can't seem to find any posts referencing it. Has anyone else had the problem/solved it?

Dan, I think he was talking about a small tit on the leading edge of the upper plennum. Dremall it off..

I don't have a TB spacer. Thanks Eddie, I'll have to pull the TB off when I get home and take a look. I thought there was a post about this with a pic of the offending area that needed to be removed, but with the search function acting weird I haven't had any luck finding it.