Who can I rent a trailer from?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK so sonce U-haul won't rent me trailer, I figured one of the other moving companies could take care of me. But I can't find anyone who rents trailers.

I need to go one-way from Whichita, KS to Dallas, TX. But I leaving form Dallas, so I Could take it round trip if need be. Any suggestions?

I looked into Penske and Ryder when I needed a trailer. They will rent to you----only if you pull it with one of thier trucks... I ended up getting a trailer on base (active duty military) from the equip. rental station. As for when I become a civilian again....I'll need a friend or two that can rent me a traier once in a while....

First, call around for local companies who rent. I found some in my local area and they're cheap. Use the phone book and look under trailer towing. Ask every place you call for a referral if they don't have what you want.

If that doesn't work, find a U-Haul DEALER, not a company store, but an independent. Ask if they will rent. I have one that has rented to me multiple times. The paperwork says Ford Sport Trac, and away you go. I've return to U-Haul properties, but no one has ever said anything.

It's a hassle, but it can be done.

I wouldn't rent from U-Haul. Half of their equipment is 15-20 years old, and of questionable safety. You may have to use a truck instead of a trailer. It really is a stupid policy U-Haul has implemented, but it has probably saved countless lives, since we haven't been using their antiquated trailers to move our stuff.

I tried Penske and Ryder, but I need a closed box trailer (moving furniture).

But get this ... I finally got so frustrated because I could not find anything in the phone book, that I called U-Haul and told the guy "listen I know you won't rent to me because I have an Explorer, but could you please tell me if you know of anyone else you rents trailers."

He says in a thick middle eastern accent, "hang on a sec" I wait about 2 minutes, he comes back online and says,"when do you want to pick it up".

I said, "Friday and I will bring it back Sunday"

He says,"ok what's your credit card number?"

So I tell him," It's OK that it s a Explorer Sport Trac?"

He says,"Ford Explorer? Sure No Problem"

So believe it or not I am using a U-Haul!

On a side not, this will be my 1st time to haul anything behind my ST. On a scale of 1-10 how important is it to go 45mph? I am going over 300 miles. I want to keep it at 60mph. what's are ya'lls suggestions?

Does anyone know if Texassizeruckus was able to rent the above mentioned U-haul trailer when he went to pick it up? I need to rent a car carrier and they are the only one I can find. I also don't want to drive from Chicago to Oklahoma to find out they won't rent it to me.

I looked at the above mentioned United Rentals website and it doesn't show any trailers at all.

Around the Waco, TX area there are several companies that make and repair trailers that will rent trailers. They rent car-haualers, horse trailers, utility trailers and boxed trailers.

We used to rent a car=hauler for my son-in-law's race care for the whole weekend (Races on Friday & Saturday nights) for only $35, when the usual price was $35 a day.

If you check around some of the places that make or repair trailers, you will find some also rent trailers.

Rich

Tell U-Haul to shove it.

Renting round trip is usually WAY cheaper than one way.

Check trailer tire pressure to ensure tire doesn't get hot and blow on you.

Latest posts