Who is going to buy the 2009 Foyota Sport Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truc Trac - I agree. I wonder how those companies impact the bottom line. In this case "Negative" bottom line. My office is right behind the Land Rover dealership. They must have 20-30 Land Rovers waiting to get into the shop each business day.

My Nissan Quest is identical to the Ford's Mercury Villager.

The Quest/Villager was a joint venture for Nissan and Ford. Ford built it, Nissan supplied the engine and tranny. I remember reading a while back that the Nissan was built better and ran better then the Mercury did. We know how possible that is.

As for Mazda, Ford bailed Mazda out od bankruptcy and brought them back into the lime light. Ford needs to fire the designers they have and reassign Mazda's. Mazda has some nice looking cars. Ford seems to want to copy VW and Nissan. Look at the new Trac and the ugly Focus. Enough said!

As for Toyota. GM is in bed with Toyota. GM helped Toyota become who they are today. If it wasn't for GM, I highly doubt they would be much of anything. GM shares a plant with Toyota called NUMMI. Ford helped KIA get larger by buying the KIA Pride and selling them under the name of Ford Festiva and Mazda 121.

Ford needs money and Toyota needs manufacturing capibility. Ford could fix the money issue but I personally feel there is more tho their situation then they want you to think.

Tom