Who's eying the upcoming Ford Maverick Pickup?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Ohnsman

Reaction score
I'm still getting good service from my 2003 ST, but have to confess I'm watching to see what Ford will bring us with the new Maverick pickup expected to be unveiled later this year. I's had hopes for the Ranger, but it is too big and too expensive for me. It's also hard to part with my trusty Sport Trac, especially since it's long since paid for and aside from little annoying failures, (the power mirrors, the power door locks, floppy door handles) it still runs reliably and I enjoy it. If the Maverick comes in around the low $20K area though, it might be time. My ST has about 160K miles on it, not bad for an '03.

I'm right there with you, Rick. I'm the original owner of a 2002 ST with about 169K miles. She's still going strong, but it won't last forever and I'm thinking about a replacement. Totally agree that the Ranger is too big and expensive and the Bronco/Bronco Sport are not for me either. I want a smaller, fuel-efficient, reasonably-priced, 4 door truck or SUV. Even with all the choices that available, none of them are very appealing to me. Currently leaning towards a Toyota Highlander Hybrid. They're not cheap, but it has lots of space and it gets ~35 mpg. I might be able to justify it if I can get ~20 years of service like I have with my Trac.

What I really hate about the Ranger (other than the ridiculous price) is NO engine options. Sorry, but I ain't in no mood to listen to a 4 banging diesel. I'm old school and understand diesels well. (I own a couple of old DD692's in a boat). I know what happens when you turbo up small displacement diesels. Guess I'll just keep my '08 ST 4.6 V8. This will be a collectors truck someday! HAHA!

Smaller then the ranger, 3 cyl engine... No way...

Latest posts