Why are production numbers secret???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Howell

Reaction score
I got this reponse to a request for 2008 - 2010 ST production numbers.

They claim low sales as the reason to cancel the project but according to this message they didn't even know what the numbers were.

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre. We received your message sent on 12/12/2012 10:13 PM regarding CAS-1908631-M7Y2S2.

After further research, we are unable to provide you with production figures for the Sport Trac Adrenaline for 2008-2010. In fact, production numbers are unreleased for this vehicle after 2005. We are able to provide that in 2005, there were 58,820 Sport Trac vehicles produced. Again, we apologize for the delayed response and that we are unable to provide you with the desired production figures.

If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Ford of Canada

Customer Relationship Centre

About 20K to 8K each year declining each year.... We were told this at the Plant tour during the meet....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Hman, since I presume all ST's were made in Louisville, mine was #12500 to roll off the line. It was completed(build date?) on May 16, 2008. At that time, June was the roll over date to get ready for the 2009's. Which should have started somewhere in July, 2008. I know you're looking for specific #'s for the Adrenalin but, I guess you'll just have to keep diggin'. Bob

Holleyman .... read the letter again ... it says that they are unreleased which does not mean they do not know the numbers. It means they made a business decision not to reveal outside the company their production numbers. Companies have internal information they do not want competitors to see and use against them for whatever reason. For example, the software company I work for makes me sign a non-disclosure of proprietary internal company secrets as some details about production numbers could be used by a competitor.

Why would anyone want to know that information anyway? I could care less how many of an item was made. It would be like asking Microsoft how many copies of Windows licenses are sold?

Why do you ask? Just curious and I do not mean to be critical. I'm sure they are wondering why anyone would need that private information as well.

Why do I want to know?

I have owned Mustangs, a 442, GTO, Road Runner, Chevelle, Broncos, various pick ups etc.

I was able to get production numbers for the year, how many ragtops vs hard tops, manuals vs automatics, engine option breakdowns, trim package etc. The Pontiac GTO I could get production numbers down to number of units by interior and exterior colour and by carburetor selection.

It is nice to know stuff that shouldn't be a big deal for a company to supply to one of their customers.

Latest posts