Why no blue book values for 2006,2007

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there was no 2006. Maybe they consider the ST too new and/or they haven't seen demand to warrant pricing them. However, for the 2007, could the ST be an option or model under the Explorer?

There are no '06s, so that solves that.

The vehicle is just a bit too new. Used car values are based on what similar models with similar options are selling for in a particular area. It takes a while to compile a database large enough to provide an accurate guesstimation of value.

Kelly, who compiles the Blue Book, typically will have the value of a base vehicle with no options, and then determine the value of individual options based on how desirable those options are. Considerations are made for option groups. The final value is then tweaked based on condition, miles, and location.

For an idea, a used '07 would probably be only worth about 35% of the original sticker price, at best.

Scott-SVT-

Both the Explorer Sport and Sport Trac have independent price structures of the Explorer. The Blue Book is pretty good at covering all bases. Different cabs and base models (FX4, King Ranch, etc) will have different values.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I see a pattern here...?'s about the ST values...

Gas up...ST down....

There are other alternatives to keep the ST.

Just gotta find one that agrees with you I'm guessin...

For an idea, a used '07 would probably be only worth about 35% of the original sticker price, at best.

So if I got a 2007 and paid 30,000 for it, I could buy it used for $10,500.00?

I think you got your numbers mixed up. Maybe 65% of MSRP, but not 35% of MSRP.

If you are right, I made out on my Trac. My 2002 is worth more than a used 2007 Trac. Talk about 1st gen resale value. Yipee!!!

Tom

flap-

Its all about volume. The ST isn't a high-volume model, whereas others are. Not knowing what specific 2007s are listed, I'd still wager that the ones that are listed are models where there are just a lot of them on the road, and a lot of them being traded-in or otherwise being resold. Blue Book doesn't even list makes like Ferrari of any age or any model, at least in the Blue Book I've got. Porsche is listed, but then again, Porsche sells many, many more vehicles then Ferrari.