Wife wants an 06 Charger -- Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Since everyone here is so knowledgable in so many areas I thought I might take a stab at the 06 Charger question that my wife and I have....

She has an 05 Pacifica now, very nice ride, pretty gutless, but there really isnt that much space for crap for our 2 boys (4 and 2)... We seen the trunk of a charger and thought, wow, other than height the space is pretty much the same as the pacifica... (she has a big sub box in there ;)) Anyways... Employee pricing is on till the end of the month there.... what kind of dollars are we looking to save from the MSRP on the R/T version...?

I had a black hemi Charger blow by me on the way back from the Louisville meet. I'm not a fan of Chrysler products, but damn that was a cool car!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Truc Trac's got it right. The base Charger SE starts around $23,000, the SXT at $26,300, and the R/T right about $30,700. Remember that they're probably looking to get rid of their 2006 models to make room for the 07's, too.

On the quality note, my dad has a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire and it has given him no problems. The dealership here is very helpful, but your dealership experience always depends on your location.

My wife's Liberty is tight as a drum-- no rattles and no problems after 4 years and nearly 80,000 miles. DaimlerChrysler got the Liberty right.

XST

Here in Kentucky the Charger is becoming the police cruiser of choice over the Ford cruiser. Much faster and better looking. The old Mopar Chargers are still the best.

I know some relatives that are Mopar die-hards, but then they appear to like the magazines in the Dodge service dept waiting area! lol.

I don't want to spend anytime in a service dept if I can.

Be thankful she only asked for that! My wife went through 6 cars in two years. Finally ended up with a M3. Then last year she and I got into tracking cars and we bought a race car last November. We have our IRDC Racing License and she is taking her SCCA license in two weeks. Her first race is in October and we are doing a 4 hour enduro together next April. Ok, sorry I got off topic and hijacked the thread.

We have had our 2006 chrysler 300C AWD HEMI about 3 months now, 1k miles, and damn i cant get enough of this car! the hemi is amazing, power ontop of power. rides great, we just love it in every way you can love a car without getting weird haha.

only slight thing that bothers us, is its currently getting 14mpg in town, now honestly not bad for a fullzise V8 AWD car. and i hear it gets much better after break in period.

thats my take anyhow. goodluck!

XST,

here is mine - got it in May. Averaging 16 city and 26ish hwy. In 3500 miles, approx 80% city my overall average (according to the computer) is 18.7. This version is a little more expensive than the base RT, starts at 34K. Comes with all the RT options basically. Upgraded suspension, braking assist, stainless exhaust, 10 more horses and a couple other things.

Oh yeah - I like it a lot. I'm 6'2" and have the seat and pedals adjusted to where I drive and I can climb in back and not touch the front seat with my knees :)

grump

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts