Will a front end bra work with hood strips.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Foster

Reaction score
i have the sport trac hood strips on my st and i wanna add the front end bra. i was wondering if the bra would cover up the lettering on decals. i want them to still be visible but i am not sure if they will aloow that. you may be asking why get the bra and that is becasue the front bumper is all scuffed and the bra will cover the dameage.

shawn

Here is my OEM bra, by lookin at the pic maybe you can figure out if your decal will show in entirety or not:

[Broken External Image]:

I don't think it would cover up the lettering. You can tell by FlipTrac's picture if it will or not for sure though.

Another option you may want to look into is a clear front end protection by 3M. Heather in KC has one I believe and you can't even tell it's on there by her pictures. You would be able to see the entire decal too.

Bras will definitely NOT scratch the paint if you clean the Trac regularly. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

I have had mine on the 03 Trac for well over three years and NO damage. I also had one on my 98 Explorer Sport for 4 years and NO damage.

Everytime you wash the vehicle, take the bra off and wash the underside of it and let it dry thoroughly before reinstalling.

The entire front end of my trac still looks brand new. I will leave the bra on until the day I sell it. The "NEW front end" will bring extra cash.

I also like the looks of the full bra on the front end.

Check out my Library.

David <><

I only use the bra for long-distance road trips and so far there's only been one trip since I got it. It didn't scratch the paint but the plastic tabs that slip under the headlights did scuff the paint. I don't know what I did, but those scuffs are long gone too. Also, I made sure the Trac was very clean before I put the bra on.