Will I get a CEL if I install a CAI

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am getting ready to purchase a Cold Air Intake, and I am wondering if I do this, will I get a Check Engine Light? I searched thru the site but there wasn't anything definite, if there is please direct me in the right place. All I kept finding was people posting for help with Codes that didn't relate to what I am looking for. Thanks in advance fellas!!!!

......no

If you were searching for a CEL with people who have CAI and nothing came up, wouldn't you think there are none? I mean if there were any CEL with the CAI installed I think people would have posted, seeing how alot of people have a CAI installed.

I shouldn't even have answered your question. I nominate you for the dumbest question asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey give him a break! He asked a honest question and if he is like me doesn't know alot about adding or changing stuff on their vehicle. I wanted to put a better radio on my company car some years back, but wanted to make it easy to trade back. I read the manual and found out I would have splice the hot wire. I went to the dealership and to find out what color the radio hot wire was, since they are not always red. I got it hooked up and it sounded goood till I honked my horn and the radio changed channels.

Ok, jack off, on a lot of vehicles if you add a CAI, the ECU doesn't recognize that that is why there is more O2 in the fuel, so it thinks there is something wrong, so it spits out a code. Where you have to reset the ECU a few times to where it doesn't read it as being to O2 rich. Its an honest question. I had an 03 corolla and put a CAI on it, but had to reset the ECU to get it to conform.

So I nominate you for what we at another forum I am a member of, DOTM...DOUCHE OF THE MONTH! For being an ass hole for no apparent reason.

Ouch! Careful guys, Q just got kicked of this site for name calling. Just trying to help.

I shouldn't even have answered your question. I nominate you for the dumbest question asked.

And I nominate you for the biggest jack ass reply.

He asked a question, stated that he searched, what more do you want. There was an issue way back with the CEL and the CAI, but I have not heard of it recently.

Karma Police,

That was uncalled for. All he was asking was a question. Theres no need to sit there and ridicule the person for a question. This site is supposed to be helpful for people who have ANY questions. Not everyone is mechanically inclined. We all have sport tracs here and some know more than others. This is a site to get your questions answered not to be ridiculed and made a mockery out of

Therocktb,

Man dont worry about those people. Just ignore their posts. No need to add to thier level with come back remarks. I asked a question about rear window measurment and i had some guys post some retarded stuff. Some people on here just think they know everything and like to ridicule other p eople. I think those people can learn a lot from Members like Todd Z who has always been helpful no matter what the question is.

TJR...

That is ironic isnt it! "Karma" Police should probably remember that Karma can come back around. Maybe he was just having a bad day and needed to take it out on someone.

Didn't I answer this in the First post ???

Todd Z

I believe you did answer that question Todd. Maybe a glich in the system? Anyway if we as a club piss off new members it only hurts the sponsors if they want to buy a cold intake from them. Especially if therocktjb quits the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I try not to get in the mix but I'll speak up when wrong is just wrong.

Maybe newer members are not as familiar with search and other options of the site as most of the self- certifying geniuses are. And from what therocktjb wrote, he did in fact use search and read as much has he could find. His question was legit and honest, all you had to do was give him an honest answer, ...if you were offended or didnt' like the question, then simply don't write a reply.

I'm glad therocktjb got his questions answered, and that so many of you were kind and stood up for the guy. I hope he has not been so offended and made to feel unwelcomed that he does not want to visit this site any longer. personally I would not blame him if he didn't want to come back. He was treated rudely and with disrespect.

Karma Police You should be ashamed of yourself.

nuff said. :angry:

I'm still here....people can be assholes on the internet....you just have to comeback at them and show that just because they are assholes its not gonna get under your skin...

THanks for the input and support fellas....I'm no mechanic, but I know enough about cars and trucks...and newer vehicles sometimes don't get along with aftermarket parts...so again thanks for the help fellas.