Windows 10

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Aloha folks, I bought a used computer that has Windows 10 (supposedly nothing else). I set up an administrator account and a regular account for the internet. So when I start the computer, there is my regular account but no admin. account listed. How to access the admin. account if it doesn't show on the welcome screen. I know it is in there 'cause some programs ask for the password to open!
any help will be great, God bless Ed

Open up "Users" and check the list. There doesn't necessarily have to be a literal "Admin" account. Your normal account may have admin privileges.

Hello Blert, you always come to my rescue on computer issues. Search won't offer any list.
If I go to control panel I get the users, but I can't open them.
I hope that windows 10 will in time become as comfortable as windows 7.

In USER Accounts... what does it say under your user name?
...or...
Open command prompt.
Type: net user <username>
Down towards the bottom of the reply should be your account privileges.

ok user accounts see web results " and family safety
" control panel " windows 10
" passwords " login
" manage
" administrator
I tried LOGIN, it asked if I wanted to make changes but the only response was NO

Aloha again Blert, I have pushed so many buttons and flipped so many switches today that I forgot which fixed the problem. I finally got to a screen that showed my login, my administrator and another administrator. I logged to my administrator and cleaned up what was worrying me and got out. So far, everything is the way I want it. I do appreciate your help and nice talking with you.
God bless, watch for Him soon, Ed

Latest posts