Winter Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Haven't been around in a while guys, lots of stuff going on here.

In the next month or so, I am going to purchase a new set of Winter Tires for my ST. I have read posts in the past regarding this, and searched recently but not much has been talked about.

On my old Pathfinder I bought Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow and loved them. Would you reccommend these for our ST'S? Other ideas? Should I buy the same size as I have? ie. Standard stock Goodyear kaka.

I've heard great things about Bridgestone Blizzaks. I have also heard taller, but narrower tires cut through snow easier. My Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos (265/70R16) went through a foot of snow last winter with no issues, but I'm sure you get more than that up in Canada.

I run Bridgestone Dueler A/T's. The tread pattern is more aggresive than on the Revo's, but I like that, especially since I go off road on occaision.

I have heard good things about the blizzaks as well, but one drawback I hear is they are soft. So, tread wear is quick.

Are the Dueler A/T's, a winter tire? And Nelson, not all Kanucks live in igloos here :)

The Revos are not Winter tires per se, but they do well in most conditions. I've gone through some pretty deep snow and mud with mine.

Pretty much any tire designed for winter will be better. My REVO's did well, and I make frequent trips up to northern NY through deep stuff to see my kids. Blizzaks are top-shelf IMO, just had them put back on the wife's car today. They make truck/SUV snow tires too. Also the BGF A/T and Pro Comp A/T are severe winter rated if you don't want to change over. A specifically designed winter tire would probably be better on ice though.