Woo hoo.. Got my Trac back.. Stupid friggin Transmission..

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Griffith 2

Reaction score
Picked up the Trac last night, complete Transmission rebuild. The guys at Speedy Transmission (In Marietta, off Sandy Plains) did a really good job and even offered a free rental car. Their warranty (2 year, unlimited miles) was the best around. He was straight forward with me, showed me all the old parts, and updated me daily. Can't say enough about their customer service. Anyway, thought I'd pass the word along if anyone needs Transmission work in the Atlanta area. He said he sees about 3 Trac's a month.. And with all the threads I've seen on here on the flashing OD light of death, I don't doubt it one bit.

I'm happy to have the Trac back, the lady's Camry is just too little. Sure it's new, and rides smooth, but I missed the ride height of the Trac so much..I felt like I was driving a go cart on the hwy in that thing. I really do notice how much wind noise the Trac has now.. I guess that's what ya get for driving a Truck with the aerodynamics of a brick. :lol: But I dooooooooo LOVE my Trac. :banana:

BTW - Update on the kiddo.. We just had a checkup, we're now at 10 weeks..All is going great!

Good deal. Thats the kind of service I like. Keeping me informed and showing me the problem and parts.:cool:

Cool deal....:cool:

Did they replace the EPC and all the shift solenoids ??? :unsure:

Todd Z

Sweet......

I am replacing them on my 03 soon.... Again.....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator: