Worst service day ever for me

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biznaga

Reaction score
MY CE light came on last week so I made appointment for 8:00 am today. Arrived at about 7:50 and sat there for good 15 min before anyone waited on me. OK, give them a break, is it early and lots of people comming in.

Once I was finally waited on (which took long time in my opinion) I had to wait for ride home.

Got home about 8:40 or so. Waited to hear on status of ST.

Waited.

Waited.

Around 1:00 pm called to see if any news, none.

Waited.

Waited.

Called agaiin about 2:30, still not done.

Waited.

About 4:25 call came in. ST ready. " Good" I said, "send some one to pick me up."

Waited.

Waited.

At 5:05 ot 40 min later I called to see where my ride weas. The "comedian" who answered mumbled something when answering the phone....."Is this the service department?" i asked. "Could be" was the samart a$$ an$wer. I asked where ride was, stating I wanted to get my ST before they closed. "We are already closed" was the wi$ea$$ an$wer this time.

I said "What"?...he says never mind or something like that. SO where is my ride. Seems they were "busy" and didn't tell the driver to come for me. Took my number, said driver would call me back. . About 10 minutes later she calls and says whe has to pick me up but they didnt tell her wher I was nor who I was.

Finally got to the place about 20 min before closing. Only good thing is they are (supposedly) going to look into getting Leer to replace my tonneau top.

PS When I finally got to the ST it was pretty dark. My ST was locked but the passenger window was down. Lota good it did to lock it. Glad I didn't have to leave it on their lot overnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like my local dealer. If you take the truck in at 7:30, when they open, it is often 2:00 or later when you first hear from them. Back when I had my Explorer, I had told them one time to call me when the work was done and they agreed. Finally, at about 4:30, desperately needing the vehicle, I called them and the person answering the phone said, "Oh, we've had your car ready for a few hours...I was wondering when you would come to get it." Ever since then, if I don't hear from them, I just start calling ever so often just to see.

It took my local dealer I think almost two hours back when I took my Trac in for the tranny-additive recall. I had been killing time walking up and down the boulevard checking out other cars from different dealerships, and then waited another half hour in the waiting room at the dealership. I finally ran out of patience waiting for the service advisor to call my cell or to fetch me in the waiting room so when I approached her and asked, she casually replied it was ready. Thanks for letting me know lady! Two hours to pour a bottle of liquid down the tranny dipstick tube???

I didn't have an appointment and there was a long line of vehicles when I got there, plus there could've been a mishap in communications between the tech and the advisor, paperwork, or whatever, but it's still ridiculous. I've worked with four different service advisors at this dealership and only two have given me good impressions. The fourth one seems to know what's up so I'll be going to him for now on.

I always just leave my vehicles for the entire day, no matter what the work being done. I use the dealer's shuttle. They always have them ready for me at the end of the day. Works for me.