Wouldn't want to be Jeff Fisher, Bill Parcells, or Lovie Smith...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill V

Reaction score
Minnesota sacked Mike Tice.

Green Bay sacked Mike Sherman.

St. Louis sacked Mike Maartz.

Houston sacked Dom Capers.

New Orleans sacked Jim Haslett.

Dick Vermeil retired from Kansas City.

Man, it's not been a good day to be an NFL coach in the Central Time Zone! Six out of nine have lost jobs in the last 24 hours...

I'd also put Norv Turner on that list as well. He's so far on the hotseat right now, his ass has to be charred.

Just heard about Martz, he will go somewhere else and return to offensive coordinator. He was great at making plays but that was it.

Don't know why you would include Lovie Smith on this hot seat list??? :huh:

His Bears are 11-5 with a first round play-off bye...

He's in the running for coach of the year with Tony Dungy, Marvin Lewis ( :D ), and Mike Holmgren...

Parcells' job is safe - if he wants it.

I'd take Norv Turner as an Offensive Coordinator in a heartbeat. I wish the Cowboys would bring him back, and get rid of Sean Payton.

The title is in reference to the statement in the last line of my post--all six coaches fired yesterday (or Sunday, in Tice's case) were from the Central Time Zone. 6 out of 9 in that region lost their jobs, while 21 out of 21 of the coaches outside that time zone have managed (so far) to retain their jobs. It's obviously just coincidence, but the other three (Fisher, Parcells, and Smith) better hope that's all it is... :)

It's because all their teams sucked. The time zone is just a coincidence. :lol:

In any league in any sport somebody will finish first, somebody will finish last, and somebody will finish in the middle. However when a team finishes mid-pack to last consistently for a decade or more, the problem isn't the coach. In the NFL the salary cap has proven to be the great equalizer (even more so than the draft) so if a team stinks for a long time with essentially the same money to spend as everybody else, it's because the ownership and/or management are idiots.

For example, one could forgive New Orleans for being lousy this year except that they've been lousy for 30 years.

And as predicted, buh-bye Norv Turner

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/01/03/MNG90GGO7R6.DTL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts