Wow, what a weekend!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Long

Reaction score
Well, between driving 250 miles round trip for a b-day party, going to a school fundraiser for my daughter, taking my wife out to the movies Saturday night and having dinner with my parents Sunday night, I managed to get most of this installed!

[Broken External Image]:

I also modified my own throttle body, but I still need to get my exhaust done from the y-pipe back. Hopefully later this week or maybe next I'll have it done, depends on my exhaust guy's schedule. Planning on 2.5" from the y-pipe back to a Magnaflow, but I haven't decided on the exit yet, I'll put that in another thread. I honestly wasn't blown away by the power increase as of yet, I'm hoping the exhaust and a new custom tune for my Xcal2 by Doug or Torrie will help.

Looks like it was fun........

the power will take a little to learn as well, plus the extra air and stuff, you will need a new tune......

Give it some time to learn...

Also with all the bolt-ons I have I only hit a max of 208-210 RWHP.....

Todd Z

Dan,,I still have the stock main converters. The RT y-pipe really made my magnaflow sound off. The converters on the stock Y pipe are very restrictive. If you get a chance, compare the size of the holes in the stock y-pipe converter brick, to the factory main converters. A very big difference on my '04.

Last edited by a moderator:
jeez what a weekend! u did in two days what took me somewhere between 4-6months... lol and it looks like you did more! just curious what are the two packages right above the y-pipe?

I've only driven the truck a little since it was all installed. I took it out for a test run Sunday evening, only about 5-10 miles, then drove to work this morning about 12 miles. I had a feeling it might take little while to learn the new airflow, obviously I reset the computer, and I let it idle for about 5-10 minutes to warm up before the first drive.

On a side note, I love the e-fan controller so far, it's a Delta Current Controls unit. I don't know if I would recommend it to others right now though, apparently his website is down and I've heard people are having a bit of a hard time getting responses from Brian. The controller is great though. I've got it set to run the fan at 50% when the A/C is on and to maintain a 194 degree temp in the engine. It soft starts the fan so there is no voltage spike, and at 50% I can barely hear the fan over the motor itself which is extremely quiet with no mechanical fan and the UD pulley. It also modulates the fan speed to maintain the set temp as best as possible rather than wait for it to reach say 200 degrees, turn on full and cool to 185 then turn off and wait again.

Dan, that is the unit I wanted to get, but at the time I was doing my fan project, there were a lot of people complaining about him just taking their money and disappearing. I'm still happy with my cheapo $20 unit, and I'm still loving my e-fan.

Woppy, those are swaybar bushings and endlinks. I made a separate post about them today as well. I've been collecting all these parts for about a month now so I could try and knock out as much as possible in one shot rather than tearing things apart several times. It's often easier to do a better and cleaner install this way, and saves time in the long run.

Ah! Gotcha ya! Yep haven't messed with the sway bars hence why i didn't recognize em. hope you post a ton of pics with your completed work! Still can't get over how much you did in one weekend!!

Jeff, I remember you asked me about it awhile back... I was a bit slow getting mine from him, but I did get it. I was looking for some info on it this weekend while installing it, and his page is basically blank now, it says "Now serving...." and lists a couple of Mustang sites, but that's it. It's really a shame, its a great product.

I also got the LED add-on he sold, it mounts in the dash and changes color depending on how fast the fan is running so you can monitor it.

Needless to say, I'm pretty tired. I was in the garage until about 1:30 am Friday night, then had to get up at 7 am to drive to Tampa for the party. Saturday afternoon I worked about 2 hours, Sunday I worked most of the day, went to dinner, then worked another 2 hours or so until about 10:30 last night. Came in and watched some TV, then had to be at work at 6:45 this morning.

Todd, I remember you mentioning having a hard time getting the A/C wire hooked up do to the wiring location. I took the cover off the bottom of my engine compartment fuse box so I had access to all the wiring and used a t-tap in there to connect to the grey/white stripe wire for the A/C clutch, and another for the Heated O2 Sensor fuse wire to give it Ignition power (thanks to Jeff C). This way, all the wiring was hidden and the t-taps were tucked safely out of the elements.

Dan, I got the fuses that come with the wires attached, and taped it all out of the under hood fuse block.....

Thanks...

Todd Z