wreck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douglas brandin 2

Reaction score
Well, I have joined the ranks of the abused. Tuesday, Dec. 12 at 10 a m I was stopped at an intersection and was rearended by a small car which was rearended by an F-250. My bumper and receiver hitch are bent down and the frame is bent where the hitch is mounted on the right side. The bed is cocked up at the front right and the tailgate is out of alignment. My truck is in the shop and I am driving a rented Dakota (the closest thing I could find to the ST) The guy's insurance has not accepted "liability" so far so all expenses are mine. I had to have something to drive cause the ST was rough and hopping all around........doug

Thats sad, it may never be the same. rearend collisions are frequently settled quick.

Sounds like the small car insurance is dragging its feet to get money from the f-250, even though each vehicle is responsible for the damage it does.

That is sad.

I still say that flying out of your Trac and beating the driver of the F-250 into a pulp will make you feel better...

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy's insurance has not accepted "liability" so far so all expenses are mine.

That seems really unusual, because in a rear-end collision, the person who is rear-ended is almost 99% of the time never liable. The person or persons doing the "rear-ending", are most always at fault. Did you get a police report? Were any tickets issued?

Sick your insurance company on the other two parties, that's what you pay them for. You shouldn't have to pay for your ST's damages. You might even be able to get a little compensation too. And if you still don't get any results, get an attorney.

Sorry to hear the news. Glad you are ok. I agree with the above, you shouldn't have to deal with alot of crap. It is their fault, their insurances should be taking care of it. Get your insurance going. Like Train Trac said, that's what you pay them for.

Tommy

In Ohio, thee vehicle that hit you from behind is NOT at faukt if he is pushed into you. It would fall onto the individual that pushed him onto you.

The big question they ask is, How many times did you fell the collision from behind. If twice, then the vehicle behind you hit you and then was pushed into you again when the third vehicle hit them. If this is the case, the second is resplosible for the first and the third is responsible for the second.

If the answer is just once and there was three or more vehicles involved then the third back pushed the second vehicle into you and they hold no financial respnsabilty..

Sounds like two people were not paying attention, the guy who hit you and the guy who was driving the F-250. Glad you are O.K. Plus, talk to your insurance company as you might be able to collect from both vehicles because of the additional damage done to your ST by the F-250 pushing the small car into your ST.