WTB: New Plugs, New Wires, XCalibrator 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveDeep 07

Reaction score
I am looking for an XCalibrator 2 for my ST. It's a 2002. I am also needing some info on what plugs are good to replace stock in my ST as well as some new wires. I am wanting to go for performance wires that will enhance performance and efficiency as well as possibly give me better MPG's granted I keep my foot out of it. Please give me some adivce/figures. Thanks, DD ST

Xcal, IF it is flashed your better off buying new... IF it was flashed back to stock than get used.

Plugs, Stock Motorcraft or Autolite

Wires. JBA or Taylor...

Todd Z

Todd, are you saying that if the XCal was already programmed for another vehicle, then get a brand new one and get it flashed specifically for the ST? And also you are saying that if it was flashed back to stock......? What do you mean when you say "stock"? Stock for what? Thanks, DD ST

Whenever you get an XCal, you will have two or three XCal tunes and a stock tune, which is what your vehicle was like if you had never used an XCal.

If your looking at buying a used XCal, then make sure that the person that had it before you had flashed his/her vehicle back to stock. This is because the XCal is VIN locked, so if someone else is running an XCal tune, they can't let their friend borrow it and flash the XCal tune to their vehicle. However, if the vehicle was flashed back to the stock (no tuning from the XCal), then anyone can program their vehicle using the XCal tunes. I believe it's a $65 dollar subscription to have specific tunes set to the XCal and another $150 to unlock it. Therefore, if you buy it used and unlocked, all you pay is the $65 subscription fee (plus whatever you paid the original owner.) However, if you buy it used and it's locked, you pay at least $215, plus whatever you paid for the unit itself. A new XCal2 is something like $350, so unless you get a really good deal (ie $130 or less), then it's cheaper and easier to just buy new.

JBA Plugs are on order, XCalibrator 2 is in the process of being searched for, and plugs will be done at time of maintenance check up! Thanks guys! -DD ST