WTB: Sub enclosure

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B Shull

Reaction score
Want to buy a sub enclosure for a 2001 ST. I am open for either behind the seat or under the 60 portion of the rear seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a dual 10" box that was built by a member here with rockfords in them. It hits very hard, is carpeted (grey) and was built professionally.

Depending on how you tune your system, if the woofers have to bounce alot this setup may sound somewhat muffled for hard hitting bass music. To resolve that situation, just let the seat down temporarily on the 40 % side. I need to sell mine because I have a baby and I cannot play music as loud anymore, plus cannot lay the seat down to enjoy my music anyway.

But my musical taste is changing somewhat and I will probably see if chris w is still making dual 8s to downsize a bit. I also am moving into a single amp setup (5 or 6 channel) and want smaller speakers that dont require as much power.

I currently run my 2 tens with a MMATTS competition 2 channel amp. Its an awesome setup. I will sell just the box with the two speakers for $275 shipped anywhere within the US. Add the amp for another $150. I paid $650 for it a few year ago, it is 500 watt.

Do you have any pictures of the box, subs and amp?

Do the subs hit the back of the seat when they are really moving?

B Shull,

The subs only hit the back of the seat if driven really hard with extreme bass. The box sits under the window and you have to remove the plastic trim piece. It is slid over to the furthest point on the drivers side. If you want really hard bass and will be pushing them hard, I would suggest laying the 40% seat down. I am a perfectionist when it comes to sound so I notice things other people normally dont. When I have someone with me, they dont understand why I run to the back at a light and drop the seat down to turn up my music. If you dont listen to rap or bass, plus have it cranked you will not have to put the seat down like I do.

There may be better quality subs that dont have the excursion these do, I havent gotten that far with it. Right now Im more concerned with getting my door speakers hooked up to an amp and want to work with a single amp that will drive 5 or 6 channels. I currently only have that one 2 channel MMATTS amp that is running the subs.

Send me an email and I will take pictures for you. In fact, Ill shoot a little video of them hitting so you can see what I mean. robc at fusemail dot com

griff5268,

For what Im pricing the box with the speakers you might as well take them, remember thats a shipped price. I have no use for them and a dual 10" by itself that is custom made will run more than what I quoted.

thanks for everyones interests.

i have decided that it would be best if i didnt sell the setup. i can just move it into another vehicle as a trunk setup.

the reason for this decision is based on a few variables that might upset someone with an ST that i dont feel i can explain fair enough. one is that although the seats go up fine, you MIGHT have to extend the locking bracket just below the rear window by using some washers and nut. I completely forgot that i had to do this when i installed the box. the seat will lock correctly with the bracket extended by 1/4 " or less. some might feel that is a safety issue, i do not. The seat is not anymore upright than normal.

the other issues are that the entire trim and plastic behind the seat needs to be removed for the box to sit in that well. it is a very tight fit, im not comfortable with the thought that this box might not fit because the metal lip on the next guys st is bent in just 1/8th of an inch.

and finally, the issue described in my original post, if you like pounding bass, this box, speaker and amp will definitely do it, however you will probably want to lower the 40% half seat so its not muffled. regular music listening does not require this.

I am a very honest seller and these issues were not explained to me when i bought the box, but id feel really bad if someone did not get what they were expecting in any respect. i was going to video the subs playing music and the amp to show anyone that was interested but as i mentioned at the beginning of this post i think im better off just using this in another of my vehicles. thanks for your interest

If someone is looking for the OEM Sub I have 1 listed in one yard for $70.00

2001 Radio Ford Explorer Sport 2DR SPORT AMP IN TRUNK 5H7653 $70

And another for $118

2001 Radio Ford Explorer 4.0L,Grey,AMP 125090 $118

I think the later is a bit high, but it is available....

Latest posts