X Plan and Discounts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64847

Reaction score
I'm eligible for the X Plan price but was wondering if there's still room to haggle and how do I find other discounts available? Right now I'm looking at X Plan price, 1500.00 Ford discount and 500 military discount. Thanks, Tim

FYI, Military discount is not available with X-Plan. (according to their disclaimer anyway)

Thanks for the quick replies. As to the Military discount I guess I'll find out as the dealer told me'd figure it in, but that will probably pop up as an, "Oh by the way...". Lol Thanks, again. Tim

That's funny, my dealer said the same thing. ST is still on order so I haven't had to test the waters yet to see if I can get it despite the disclaimer. I think I'll take the 2.9% for 60 mos vice the $1500 though. Unless of course something better comes along in December (or later at the rate this is progressing).

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically--yes, the price is cut-and-dried.

However, depending on where the typical price in your area might be at this time (I haven't shopped for a new ST in some time, so I really don't know how typical sales prices are comparing to X-plan prices these days), you may be able to use X-plan to still negotiate a better deal. If you walk into dealership A, and say, "I can get an X-plan price on this vehicle from dealership B, but I'm willing to work with you instead if you can beat it by $xxxx, otherwise I'm ordering from dealership B"--and you actually mean that and follow through, the worst you'll do is the x-plan price.

X-Plan was 200 cheaper then 500 over dealer invoice with all the incentives (x-plan, just the 1500, retail, I could get College Grad for another 500). If you are trading in a car, you still have some haggle room as well :)

This is slightly off-topic but a buddy of mine at work told me that when he is deployed overseas, he is eligible for $10,000 off any domestic and European brand. But you must be deployed and must coordinate with a rep.

Latest posts