xcal 2-3 & true cold air

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith wallace01ST

Reaction score
1 Ok I got a question about x cal tunes how do they respond to hot and cold conditions.. What I getting at is we get allot of days were it is -25 and then it warms up to -5 in 24 hours it can change lot will this affect any the sensors .... It was a question that came up from one off my mechanic friend today.... ,,,

2 With the true cold air intake how cold is to cold with there being days I am getting -25 going in to the engine will that affect the trac at all...

3 Is there any one that has done this type of modification that lives in my area

The reason I ask is some time he gets truck and the computer has been flashed and the idle is affect when it get to cold... So they reflash it to stock and it runs fine...

...I am not doubting the products it just came up in conversation......

Last edited by a moderator:
If he is having idle problems at cold temps with a performance tune. Contact the program writer. Maybe something he can change. Otherwise the air temp is monitored by the intake air sensor and the ECU should compensate for the air temp.

Yes but to what extent. If the code is written in such a way that at idel the vehicle has a set point to run in with a specific air temp and as stated if the air temp is outside of that range it could effect the way the vehicle runs through the etire RPM range. I would contact the programmer and see if he can change the idel maps