XCAL II and OD light issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Ayala

Reaction score

I posted some days ago that my ST 2003 when back to the Ford shop because the known OD light flashed again after not even three months of having tranny repaired by Ford.

The night before all this started, I flashed my computer back to stock, since I wanted to take the ST to Ford for the 75k check up. The next day while driving on my way to work, tranny started to act funny and suddlently OD light goes off.

Originally, when my tranny when bad the first time, same thing as above took place, I remove the program from my computer and next day on my way to Ford to have an AC issue addressed, the OD light went off and the ones who read the original post by me knows the rest of the story.

Is there something that we owners of XCAL boxes should do to avoid this from happening?

What process should be followed?

I really like my ST but I am incline not to add any programing if there are things that needs resolution.

Jose

After flashing back to stock, did you disconnect your battery for a while to let the memory "drain"?

If I don't do this to mine 04, it would start shifting funny.

Jose,

The ST tranny is a flaky thing when IT comes to flashing....

I have a Stock tune with the tranny changes that i use for testing and dealer trips, This way it is the base stock tune but the tranny stays the same....

I don't care about loosing my OEM tune... I will never need it again..

Todd Z

ok cool, so how do I do to get this tune?

Let me know who do I need to talk to, thanks Todd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jose,

Call the person who does your tunes.....

Todd Z

I no longer have to worry about warranty! Now it's time to have some fun! :cool::D:lol:

BTW, Jose, got your package shipped out this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jeff. Mine went out at noon today.

Todd,

my XCAL II I bought from Wayne, and he has been out of sight for so long. Who can help? Can I contact any of the new sponsors?

Yes contact torrie or doug...

Todd Z