Xcal reprogram after TSB PCM/TCM Reflash (07 V8)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1cntrler

Reaction score
I haven't contacted Doug at BamaChips yet (the company that did my Xcal program) but just wanted to see if anyone else has out the Xcal program back on thier ST after the TSB Reflash. I contacted Doug and he gave me instructions on how to pull the DTC code off of the ST before the TSB, and then again after the TSB and to send him the new number. I sent it in and he sent me the new programs. He sent great clear instructions on how to unlock the XCal so that I can use the new programs (I guess the reflash makes the Xcal think it is a new vehicle) I fianally got around to putting it back onto the ST yeaterday and at startup it gives me the yellow wrench in the display of the Trac. Everything seems to operate normally, and with the new TCM program and the Xcal tune, the throttle seems quite touchy, almost like my old trac without the throttle by wire. Put the pedal down and it goes...

I ran the tune for a couple of days just to see if the wrench was there for a relearn type thing, but it didn't go away. I put the stock tune back onto it and the wrench goes away (along with the razor sharp throttle response)

I'll send Doug a mail when I get back home to my computer and can respond from the e-mail he sent to me... Just wanted to know if anyone had the same problem

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an issue with the wrench a while back the fix was to drive it for a week......Dont know what is going on in your case....

Todd Z

The wrench DTC is U0300 and means there are incompatible software levels between control modules. The SCT2 does not detect this code. Mine did not go away until the dealer reprogrammed. I am waiting to hear further from Doug before I reflash again. He tells me he is awaiting guidance from SCT. It has been a pain and it did not go away on its own!

Steve

I just wanted to report that I had the same experience as Steve. The wrench I have has not gone away after about a week on the 87 perf tune, and then another week back on the stock tune. I took it in yesterday because my hood came unlatched on the interstate doing 75 and figured I'd get both things looked at at once. Well I don't know if they even looked at the hood latch but they said that the code was in there from when "they" last programmed it (but actually from when "I" last programmed it).

They could not figure it out and said that they would need to call Ford and let me know when to bring it back in. I wanted to tell them to just reflash it but I didn't want to get into any trouble over the programmer.

I will be much more careful before I program it in the future.

Latest posts