Xcal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Thompson

Reaction score
Just some questions??

Will i have to spend more money on a higher grade fuel to get the fuel economy??

if some how i put in oct 89 and use a program not rated for that octane level will it hurt anything??

can it be mounted to the dash and change programs on the fly??

anyone have any cons about this??

I can't say anything about the first two, but I do know that it can't be mounted to the dash because it is a very big bulky hand held device. But if that doesn't bother you, then, yeah, I guess it can be mounted to the dash.

Ryan,

You can get a regular 87 gas tune also, so it is up top you if the extra cost on higher octane gas is worth it..

IF you have a 93 tune and pout 87 gas in, YES you can do damage to the motor...

NOW if you have an 87 tune and use 93 gas, NOTHING but wasting money is what will happen..

You don't mount it in the truck, you do not leave it connected.... But you can carry it in the truck and make changes or change tunes in 1 min or less....

ONLY cons, is if your not computer savvy to download tunes from the tuner, or make changes you know nothing about and run the truck lean and damage something.....

Todd Z

awsome that answers my questions and makes up my mind! anyone know of any code readers that can mount to dash and give readings like fuel milage etc??

The scan gauge can measure the temperature of various engine components, fuel mileage and all sorts of other cool stuff like that. Check out the group buys page under "Resources" on the left and check out the scan gauge group buy for info.