XCAL2 93 oct tune

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
I have started running 93 octane in my ST and got a new tune for this fuel. It costs me 4.00 more per fill up, and I am getting 50 miles more to a tank of gas. Are there others who saw an increase in mileage with the 93 octane gas and tune?

Chad

Torrie from Fast Parts Network, he is one of the XCAL/SCTsponsors here. He has been great with helping me. I sent him an email when I got to work about 8:00 A.M. and had the tune by lunch time.

Chad

Either Doug at Bamachips or Torrie at Xtreme Tuning (Fast Parts) is fine Scott.

To bad there is no way to find out if the tune you have is allready written for the

larger MAF.

Paul H

Paul - I only had the intake and exhaust when I got the tunes and I only got an econmy tune and a good performance tune both 87. I want two performance tunes, 87 and 91.

My trac has gotten so many upgrades since then. I have 285's with new rims on order, along with your pending MAF, so I want the best tune for my complete setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the 93 Performance tune from Torrie.

I see about 75 to 100 Miles more per tank. Depending on Street to Highway, and how heavy a foot I use.

i love the tune. and the performance it give me..

I do have Todd's job 1 fully modded Throttle body and a Volant cold air intake.

Hope this helps.

Glad your pleased Chad that's why we are out here to assist everyone on this board.

Take care,

Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - (Owner)

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com

I have all 93 tunes for mine from Doug @bamachips. I noticed a 2 MPG increase when going from stock to the tune, so ~40 more miles per tank.

doesn't running 93 octane burn cause your engine to run hotter? and wouldn't running it hotter over time have some negative affect to the engine?

Higher octain, Higher timine, Raises temps... Yes,..

BUT when you add more fuel... it cools it right back down....

IF you run lean, yes, the engine can go BOOM !!!

Todd Z