Xcal2 compatibility

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Yee

Reaction score
I have an Xcal 2 that I got for my trac.. I am thinking of selling it to my friend who just bought a 2007 Ford F150 w/5.7L, does anyone know if this can be transferred to his truck? I know my Xcal is VIN locked to my trac, but can it be reset so that he could use it?

If so, what do I need to do to do this?

The cost is close to $200.00 to have SCT do it.... They have to unlock it...

YOU can flash your truck back to stock, then you can unlock it and sell it to him...

But then your st is back to stock..

Todd Z

I did flash it back to stock Todd.. I am no longer into the performance end of things and I am considering a new vehicle in the near future..

when you say I can unlock it do you mean SCT can do it? Or can I do this myself somehow? I originally got my xcal2 from Hypnotic Illusions back when they were a site sponsor..

I called the 2 local shops here in town that deal with Superchips and none of them know what I am talking about.. I was not impressed..

Since your flashed to stock....

you need to hook it to your computer and download the software from SCTFLASH.com

there you can empty the tunes and unlock it your self...

Todd Z

oh ok.. so I would need to purchase the cables then? I know that there is an access port on the top..

Once I do this how do I know my Xcal2 will work on my friends 2007 F150?

Any idea where I can get my hands on the download cable?

I researched the web.. and I saw that the Xcal2 cable might possibly be just a USB printer cable.. is this right?

Last edited by a moderator:
It just uses a USB device cable.... ( printer)

Todd Z

Latest posts