XCal2 Wow!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Phillips

Reaction score
Wow!! My XCal2 arrived Friday afternoon (really fast, since I gave Wayne my PCM code either Tues night or Wed night) So far, I've only tried the 87 Performance tune, and all I can say is wow! I've never seen my speedometer spin that fast! Everything that was promised was delivered! My rev limiter was moved up to 5500, and my shiftpoints feel like they're where they should be as well as much firmer. The Tranny shifts nice and firm now. I haven't tried my second tune yet, I will soon. It's an 87 milage tune for long trips. Maybe I'll have to go up to Salina and back in the next few weeks. I'm going to try to take it easy and start tracking milage again just to see what happens, but all I know, is Jade's a whole new beast. Thanks for everything Wayne! (I even put the SCT badge on my tailgate) I may even have to get a third 91 performance tune sometime!!

I also just downloaded the livelink software from SCT. I'm going to load it into the car pc and try to use the Xcal as a datalogger. We'll see how that goes... :cool: :D

hehe, I TOLD you that you'd love it. ;)

Do you agree with me that the XCAL should be the FIRST thing that many people do when they're thinking about performance and/or overall general improved feel?

It can still provide you additional power or mileage. You might want to talk to Wayne (WFoy) to find out exactly what he can do for your vehicle. I really don't know much about the manual transmission tracs.

Larry,

Glad you like it!!

Conrad,

Yes, it does help with the manual trans with power and mileage.

Q,

Yes it will help the tranny flare.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm back in L.A. after a trip from Vegas and at 343.3 miles I put in 17.035 gallons of 87 octane, equalling to 20.15 mpg. Cruise control was locked at 75mph and my Trac ran great. I was hoping to do better than 21mpg and when I saw I had gone about 140 miles on just the first quarter of the tank I thought I was well on my way to achieving that, but we all know how non-linear our fuel gauges are, and at the halfway mark the trip meter had not doubled to 280 miles. Is my 4.10LSD a big factor?

I did not know there was a long-distance program too! How would this program affect my routine city/highway mileage and performance? Would it just be better as a second program?

Anyway, being the paranoid owner that I am, I've been paying attention to my tranny performance/endurance since I used the XCal2 and so far so good except for this one moment where I thought I heard the engine rev while my foot was stepping on the brake to make a stop. Not sure what this meant but it hasn't happened since and like I said, the Trac seems to be running well.

Larry, glad you like it. How's the mileage with the 87 octane peformance tune?

Flip, I'll have to get back to you on milage. I've been too busy making the speedometer spin that my gas milage has went out the window. I just filled up today, and I'm back to driving more normal, and we'll see what I get.

Q, the 2-3 flare is gone.

Rodger, I got the tuner for a couple of reasons: performance, milage, I wanted a codescanner, and tranny health.

Baron, I don't quite think it would be the first thing I'd do, because the tunes would have to be modified with new parts, but it's definately up there in the list!

Wayne, I sent you my vehicle profile. Thanks for everything again...

Larry, Please do get back to us about mileage. I'm anxious to know as well...

thanks

That's the cool thing about buying the xcal from wayne, he gives you 6 months of updated tunes along with the xcal, after that, you can buy extra time for tunes, so if you add stuff to your truck (different wheels, flowmaster, K&N, etc) he can just send you a new tune via email. ;)

Latest posts