XCAL2?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
This question branches off of the prior message about someone having difficulties with there Diablo Chip. What exactly do these chips do? In the other message someone said that the XCAL2 is the way to go and that there truck didn't preform as well without one... So I am curious.

Thanks

Forget about the chip. Nothing to concern you. The XCal is 100 times better then a chip ever was.

Tom

The XCalibrator is a handheld device that you plug into a port under the steering column. From there you download a program/tune into your Trac's "computer". It'll save the stock program while you're at it and when you're done you unplug it and that's it. There are different programs out there to suit your preferences and what hardware you have on your Trac. Best part is, you can program back to stock at any time and the dealership will not know anything about it.

This can better take advantage of an air intake and exhaust upgrade for better performance and MPG (providing you keep your foot off of the front bumper). With a performance tune the trac is FUN to drive. So in my opinon it can help your truck even if you have not done the intake and exhaust but if you plan on the above do them first before getting the xcal. Others have had very good results with the mileage tune for even better MPG. I just like the performance tune the best.

ScoTt

We have these in stock for immediate shipment always. If anyone has any specific questions in regards to the XCal 2 flasher or anything calibration related please contact me.

[email protected]

Take care,

Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - (Owner)

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com

http://www.UnleashedTuning.com

SCT Custom Calibrator

Wideband Dyno tuning is back on !!!