XCall III Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Lynas

Reaction score
I loaded the 87 Octane performance tune. Personally, I can't tell any difference from stock. :(The other tune I have that came with the flasher just says, High performance tune but isn't specific to whether that is 91 or 93 Octane. I was planning on flashing the HP tune to a tank of 91 and read where another guy had issues with the 93. My question is this: is 91 and 93 both considered high octane? 93 Oct has a pretty steep price tag. Not sure what the advantage is. Leaving it alone might be best too.

Did you contact the person you bought it from..... You should have told him the octane you wanted......

Also I would re flash it again.......

Todd Z

Had my xcal loaded with tunes from torrie @ fastpartsnetwork. It arrived with an 87 economy, 87 performance, and 91 performance tune. When I got my xcal, the 87 performance tune was the first one I tried, and like you...I was not very impressed. Only when I tried the 91 performance tune did I feel a noticeable difference in hp, torque, and throttle response. Had torrie tweak the tune to suit 92 octane since that's the highest grade available to me locally, and he also worked his magic to change the shift points and extract even more hp and torque from the tune...and that's the tune I've been running since.

It's my understanding that the higher octane fuel has more potential for performance gains as far as tuning with the xcal goes. Try contacting site sponsor [email protected] and he'll be able to help some.

P.S. Be specific when asking him questions. If his first reply doesn't answer your question, keep asking it till he does. Works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played with stock, 87 perf and 93 perf yesterday and there is a considerable difference between stock and 87 perf for my G2 STA V8. The 93 Perf tune is pretty crazy and it wakes the truck up like night and day compared to stock and even the 87 perf.

I get the best economy with the 87 perf tune.