xplan pricing on 07 order

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schnellmed

Reaction score
Have any of you who special ordered your 07 used X-Plan? I'm being told it may not be an option for an order. If it is available on a special order, what additional costs can a sneaky dealer through in? X-Plan material I have states that document fees and such can not be passed on to the purchaser. Not sure if that applies to delivery and such as well.

It works fine on orders. No extra costs, the X-Plan price will be in the document.

I orderd mine on X-Plan, no probelm. I told them when I came in that it would be an X-plan purchase, and they asked me what I wanted. Simple as that. The hard part is the wait for it.....

The only thing that can happen is you pay the X-Plan price at the time of delivery. If Ford increases the price of the vehicle after you placed your order you will be charged a higher X-Plan price. It's rare that the price increase would be more than about $100 and manufacturers rarely raise prices during the model year.

...Rich

My wife works for Ford Motor Credit here in Brentwood, TN. She knows all of the ropes on

financing, even if you do not go through Ford Motor Credit!

If one of y'all feel that you are getting skreewed, let me know, and I will pass the question

on to her.

Gotta LOVE this site...How many resources DO we have here, anyways!!!:wub:

I used the x -plan. My 07 ST ltd cost me just about $150 over dealer invoice. They have to show you the invoice, once you have a Pin# and all of the info. No document fees, only delivery charge of $650 which is the norm on the ST. Good luck, I think you will be pleased with the price difference. It saved me right at $2200 off of retail.. ...hope this helps,,,,,,,,,Mark

Delivery Charge and Advertisement fee can be added in to price, not that they actually advertise the ST.

Also make sure that you do not give them your pin until you are ready to order or buy, once you give it to them it is basically like give them your business.

Rob, I used X-Plan for my special order 07 and I disagree with your last comment. The good thing about X-Plan pricing is that it should not vary from dealer to dealer. The X-Plan price will be printed on the invoice of the vehicle and it is set by Ford and does not allow for additional altering. Also, X-Plan buyers don't pay document fees as Cubber stated earlier which is another benefit. My point is since X-Plan pricing is standard, you can decide who you want to give your business to. Just because you give your pin number to a dealer does not mean that you are commited to purchaseing from them. If I am wrong, please correct me.

That was just a suggestion that was given to me, I actually have the A plan. I figured i'll play it on the safe side and keep my pin until I decide on what I want to buy. Some dealerships out there do not have the highest of ethical standards.

Apologies Rob, I did not mean to take your suggestion out of context. And I agree with you, a lot of dealerships don't have good ethical standards. I just like to remind consumers that you always have the upper hand, until you allow the dealer to take it away from you. When i'm spending the money, I decide who gets it. Until you have signed on the dotted line, the power is in your hands. Often times consumers forget that and allow the dealerships to manipulate the deal.

No apologies needed, i think we are on the same page. Dealerships do get a little pushy sometimes and people forget that they have the control.

I was very amused with the dealership that I went to, very good sales, then i got the pitches, lojack, undercoat, blah blah blah, wasting my time.... anyway watch out for those dealerships.

I used X-plan on my 04. Because pricing is set firm, I suggest shopping around (if you live in a metropolitan area with multiple dealerships). I bought my ST at the dealership located in the municipality with the lowest tax rate!

Thanks for all the excellent feedback guys.

Went ahead with an order and on the print screen order they gave back to me, there are two items which were not discounted and appear to be rolled into the xplan price.

FDAF Assesment - $435 and Dest/Deliv - $695

The FDAF is the advertisement fee and it is becoming just like the delivery fee, automatica, but they dont tell you until you sit down to sign. I got tagged with this, tried to fight it to no avail.

I tried to fight the advertising fee as well, with the same result. I went to the fordpartner website and it does clearly state exactly what costs can be added to or included in the X-plan price. Advertising was there, as well as fuel costs and delivery. It also gives the formula to determine X-plan price: Dealer Invoice - 0.4% + a $75 fee. Gets you under dealer invoice without haggling, but is not a monster savings. Ford recently raised dealer invoice price on the ST which results in a higher X-plan price. Mine went up $115 from the time of order. I was able to get them to increase my trade-in by the $115 because Ford's screw-up had delayed my original order. Dealer said he could not change X-plan price in any way, so he upped the trade-in price to make it come out the same.