Yokohama Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Stamps

Reaction score
The dealer where I am going to purchase my 20" wheels for my 02 STis recommending 255/50/20 Yokahama Parada tires. Anyone know anything about this tire?

Not that specific tire, but Yokohamas in general are very good. Best set of tires we ever owned were a Yokohamas. Almost 80K miles before changing them out.

My Crapyears are cupped beyond salvage at 20K.

TJR

I put a set of Yokohama Geolander H/T's on my 2002 Explorer in 2005 after I got 65k out of the original Michelins. I also went a little wider with a 255. Definitely improved the look and made it look a bit more rugged. The Yokohamas seemed to wear very nice and were very quiet. I had been looking at the Kumho Venture ST, however Tire Rack was out at the time.

Interestingly, the Tire Rack does not list that tire in that size. You can link to reviews from the link I included below as well.

I've always liked Yokohama tires and recently put a set of AVID V4S on the wife's RAV4. It's been an excellent tire for that vehicle (which came with Bridgestone Dueler H/Ts as OEM). I'm liking what I see from Kumho tires as of late, and will be going with them on the ST (265/75/16 Kumho Road Venture MT 834).

On past vehicles (94 Mustang GT and 1999 Contour SVT) I had great life and performance out of the Kumho Ecstas. Definitely, you get a lot of bang for the buck with their tires and I suspect you would get the same performance out of their SUV tires.

I have Yokohama Avid TRZ's on the wife's Taurus, we like them real well. Good performance and treadlife and don't cost a lot. Despite the name, they are made in the U.S., at least the ones I have.