Heater Fan Short / repair

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
My interior heater/AC fan has stopped working - prior to that it would work here and there depending on how hard a bump I went over - now it has quit no matter the bump!

Any ideas?

Thanks - 2001 Sport Trac 120K miles

found this but will take more

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=891456&REPLYCOUNT=16&sitename=mysporttrac

Last edited by a moderator:
Use a meter to read if there is voltage getting to the motor when the switch is in various positions. If so, then the motor is bad, which is not uncommon.

If it gets it only in the high position, (which the fan should work unless it is also bad), then it is the resister block that is between the switch and the blower.

Since a bump was a factor, you most likely have an open connection, not a short. ( unless you are popping a fuse ) Maybe it's just a plug or connector. Do the meter thing like Kevin said. If you tap on the motor itself and it comes on, then it might be an open winding inside it.

Ok, checked blower voltage - a ok

Then w/ engine running and blower on full blast - I rapped it w/ a BFC (Big Friggin Crescent) and it started working!

Thanks all

Latest posts