01 Job 1 Modified Throttle body

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Well IT is getting to be that time again.

I am getting ready to machine more throttle bodies.

I need to know if any one with a 01 JOB 1 is interested so I can get that one done at the same time??

Thank you.

Todd Z

I am speaking for this MOD.. We put in on in KY

I love it. increases Highway milage. and increases power all the way across the board.

Thanks Todd

Vik, I sent you an email.

Andrew,

Yours would be $135.00 shipping included and and a $65.00 core charge. i will refund the 65 when i get your old one back...

The gains are dynoed at 10 HP and 2-3 MPG if driven nicely. I gained 2 mpg with mine. I do have other mods that did help that.

Todd Z

Highway I got about 2 to 5 miles depending on the speed. keep it below 75 and I got about 5 mpg more.

when I did 80 I only got about 1 to 2 mph more.

If you look in the project section, there is a project from JeffC that shows the difference in the stock throttle body and one with the basic mod. The basic has a thinner throttle body plate and low profile bolts. This is what would have to be used on 2001, Job 2 thru 2005 Due to the plastic throttle body used.

The 2001 Job 1 Has an aluminum throttle body of a different design and can also be bored to allow more air (Full Mod). That is what Sal has and what Todd is offering in this thread.

I have the basic and can tell a difference, but I can't give you any numbers. I added the throttle body around the same time as a new intake and new exhaust. Basically, I have a 'new' truck that is much faster and much more fun to drive. My gas mileage is actually probably worse because of it being so much more fun....I can't keep my foot out of it.

Hope this helped some....if I stated anything incorrectly, please someone correct me....I would hate to give out bogus info.

Chet your 100% correct.

bob, you have to remove the 4.0 cover and look at the throttle body and confirm, plastic (black) or aluminum.....

SST, I just bought 2 more cores of the 02 and up so i am going to have 7-10 t-body's available in 2 weeks.....

BUT I have to get the 01 job 1 customer paid and a decision on what mod because those can get 2 different mods..

Todd Z

Hey Todd Z, so are these relativley easy to take off/ put back on? also, how does the shipping work... do i ship you mine and you ship me the modded one right away ( i am wondering how long i would have to drive my motorcycle for. how much is the total price too.

thanks, Ryan

Ryan,

Here is the project link to doing it... The biggest pain is the screws that hold on the TPS sensor, I know some people have damaged it changing it out...

You pay me $200.00 bucks.... I send you the modded one, You switch out your stock one with mine and then ship me back your stock one. Then I will refund you $65.00 back to you..

Your total cost with return shipping to me is around $142.00.....

NOW if you want to keep your old one, I will keep your $65.00 bucks...

http://www.mysporttrac.com/MySportTrac/projects/ThrottleBody/ThrottleBodyProject.htm

yep...I'm the people that damaged their TPS sensor somehow. Still don't know if it got damaged through the throttle body swap or if it was already about to happen and i just accelerated it with the change out. Anyway, it's a $20 part if it happens and extremely easy to change. The throttle body is really easy too. And this comes from a person that doesn't like to do much under the hood. Actually, it's easy, fun and feels great when you do it...sense of accomplishment. I'm ready to do more under there now....:rolleyes::cool:

yep...I'm the people that damaged their TPS sensor somehow

Since you brought it up...LOL... Actually Chet your the fourth person that did..

one dropped it, one used a corded drill to tighten, One installed it wrong, and yours was just bad from the beginning... :p

Todd Z

sounds like i would be able to do that without breaking anything. but i will have to wait till you do the next group of job 1 throttle bodys. i need to buy my rims/tires, and then make sure that i have enough money for school next semester. but it definetly is something that i'd be interested in!

Todd,

What is total for full-mod Job 1 throttle body? What would I send you including core charge? [Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: