01' SportTrac trans

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Krusich

Reaction score
Looks like I am facing a complete trans teardown/overhaul. I am going to get some prices. What is ST's Ford transmission model number?

Thanks

Check out ebay, they have them for 800 or so with a 24/24....

Todd Z

Steve, that is the correct info that you were given for the tranny, and if you are llooking for a replacement tranny for it, then I have a palce that I bought my replacement from that has a pretty good track record to go on. At this time I am at work and cannot get you a phone number or direct info, but you can go online to: newyorkblock.com, or call this number:1 800 982-1711 and ask for "Z". He was very helpful and I got a great deal on my tranny. I cannot qoute you the numbers from mine at this time(it was back in January of this year), but it was less than $600 with no exchange and including shipping. The replacement was from a 2001 Ford Ranger and had about 15,000 miles on it. It was shipped on a skid and tethered very well, undamaged, and was really clean and had all the connections snipped. And I got lucky and had an UNnamed Ford dealer here in Dallas install it for me. Of course I cannot name the dealer because it was sort of an "under the table" deal and the service writer gave me a "handshake" warranty on the install for a full 120 days. It was installed there at the alership on a Saturday and I got it and my original tranny back on Monday. Oh yeah, I sold the used tranny to a recycler and he gave me $80.00 for it. Not a bad thought if you are4 cash strapped as I was...I couldn't afford to have my original dealer where I brought it brand new from for a whopping $3800 repair bill. I now have put over30,000 miles on that same tranny and it is doing fine. BTW, my ST had 9 miles on it when I bought it in 2001, and the tranny went out at 116,000 miles. so it lasted a while..... just thought I would lend you a hand in case you wanted options. Good luck with it!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Marvin, Thanks for the tip. Z no longer is with the company so I talked to Rick who quoted me $875 shipped for a 21K trans. The local Ford dealer quoted me $2100 to rebuild. Guess I need to decide..... THANKS

I had Rusty from Spartan lincoln Mercury set me up for $2500 out the door for a replacement tranny for my 2001. My 'Trac has been pretty much trouble free except for an IAC. Since I keep my vehicles for a long time, it was worth the $$$ to get it replaced. Especially since the new one has the improved valvebody design and solonoids.

Have a good one

Bob

Latest posts