04-05 lifts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Worrell

Reaction score
OK somehow we need to get the word out that WE NEED a 04-05 lift kit for these models. I'm tired of researching on my 04 to see what will work to lift it. I've recieved some great tips on here about PA lifts but when I call to talk to PA they tell me the 01-02 lifts won't work on my 04 but, on here I have people telling me that the 01-02 will work. Has anyone on here lifted an 04? If so can you please tell us all how you did it and what parts you used. Please supply pics if you have any. Thanks guys,

The PA lifts will work on your truck. They just need to update the package to cover our trucks. I have a 04 and am putting the PA body lift on my truck in 2 weeks.

sweet.. in two weeks, once its ON, please let us know if you had any hangups. im researching a lift for my 05 adrenalin. no luck

Yes please let us know how it goes because the PA looks to be the only option we have if it works. I've had other people tell me it works as well but the only hangup is opinions everyone has one and you have to filter out what works and what don't. Thanks for the update let us know how it goes.

I do undestand the websites are not updated (probably because they don't do it and it's a 3rd party person(company) hosting their website. The only thing that gets me is when you call them or email them directly they still tell you it won't work on the 04. I'm wondering if they just tell you that otherwise they are liable if anything happens?

Sam, my truck is a 4x4. I emailed the company to see of they would fix the listing to 01 to 06. It will be a day ot two before they reply. I am having a shop put it on for me. I just don't have the time to do it myself. I am only home for a week and don't want to waiste my time on the truck when I can spend that time with the wife and kids. I will let you all know how it went.

The only thing that gets me is when you call them or email them directly they still tell you it won't work on the 04.

Right, and that's because all they're doing is looking at the same webpage that you are.:lol:

Last I looked at JBA, they didn't list anything for anything newer than 2002.

I have an 04 4x4 Adrenalin. I purchased the PA 3" body lift from a current member. The kit said on box for 01-02. Its been on my truck for almost a year now. Perfect fit... Now was some minor mishaps but could be taken care of if told about them first.

Only problems I had: (might have been the kit or the shop who installed it)

Front/rear bumpers didn't align correctly... I fixed the rear, couldn't get the front to align.

Fog lights... They don't align correctly and haven't felt like trying to fix them.

Lower A/C line... Came in contact with lower pulley... Had to replace and zip tie away.

From what I can remember, I believe that is all.

Never needed the gap guards.

I have a 2001 with the PA body lift on it and I had a bit of trouble aligning the front bumper . . . . so it has nothing to do with it being a 2004. My issue was the bolts holding the front bumper cover in place were rusted solid. They broke when I tried to remove them. I had to drill out the old and get self tapping replacements. There is a bolt and a plastic guide that holds the bumper cover in place. DON'T remove the plastic guide. Remove the bolt on both sides and slide the cover forward to get it off of the trac.

I agree the kit should work for all models from 2001 - 2005.

I do undestand the websites are not updated (probably because they don't do it and it's a 3rd party person(company) hosting their website. The only thing that gets me is when you call them or email them directly they still tell you it won't work on the 04. I'm wondering if they just tell you that otherwise they are liable if anything happens?

Not every auto accessory store is going to know each and every model, make and year really well.

What's funny you didn't ask here first. Would of saved you some hassles.

01-05 ST's are the same. Nothing different at all concerning suspension lifts or body lifts. The only difference's are interior changes, and painted cladding.

Chad