05 Console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Wise

Reaction score
I bought an 05 yesterday. This is my 3rd Explorer and my first Sporttrac. I did not notice that the console was not a standard Explorer console. It has a carry bag as the storage compartment which I am not fond of.

Is there a real console replacement and if so, what years will replace this contraption?

I noticed a thread in the sell/swap section where the guy was looking for a "High series console", is this what I need? I have the grey interior and most of the ad's in ebay are for tan consoles. Other than that, I want to make sure that I am getting the right thing.

:(

Yes, look for a high series console. For your interior colors, you want one from a 2003-2005.

The 01-02 consoles are slightly differant colors. There is also a project on how to install it, and a list of parts needed (rear mounting bracket, underdash airduct) in the projects section. I did the conversion to mine, and the only thing I didn't hook up is the rear seat radio controls, which yours won't have anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Les, go into the "Members+" section and then to "projects". There is a wealth of info there for all kinds of things to do to the ST.;)

Also welcome to the site and congrats on the ST.;)