'05 or '07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john stone

Reaction score
Just signed up for this site, very informative.... Would you buy an '05 adrenaline for $23K or a new '07 limited...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since the first 07 does not have the options people are looking for, I say keep what you have till the end of the year sales...

Todd Z

they are too new for answers. The 04-05 seem to be better, but still carry the same transmission...

Todd Z

BUY BOTH! That way you will have one that you really like and one that may outlast the other one! Just kidding jstone, If you don't have one now just wait around this site and it will help you make up your mind. It would have to be pretty loaded to buy at that price, and fairly immaculate. Make them give you a deal on the 05' then go from there. BTW, if you DO GET THE 07, you will be one of the first 20(??) or so that have bought them as far as this site is counting. Someone correct me if that's in error. By the time you make up your mind ToddZ will have given us (this site) a heads up on the newly redesigned 07 Sort Trac. Wouldn't hurt to wait a little longer, then you would have some room to muse your choices. JMHO!

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: 2007 ST = :wub::wub: at first drive!

jwstone, seriously wait till they start with the power backlight (rear window). They are to be available this spring/summer. It's the ONE option that would keep me from getting one now if I was on the market for an '07.;)

Clint, just as in the first production of the original ST, the first ones that came out were called "job 1". The others that came out aftre with more options and such were called "job 2". So now, with the new designed '07's, you have job 1 and when the others with the option to have a power rear window and such will be "job 2".;)

Based on what has been posted before, the power rear window is not connected directly to Job 2. The window will be available before Job 2 production begins.:cool: Off the top of my head I don't recall what exactly will be different with a Job 2. With ours, much of the difference was behind the scenes production changes not necessarily tied to features or options.

Clint, I may need to be more specific with what I said. As PRM sated the window may not be considered "Job 2" but I just used it as an east way to describe the difference. Here is a link that explains it really well. Read Coastiejoe's response and it gives a list of the difference between 2001 "Job 1" and 2001 "Job 2".

Latest posts