05 Track stereo upgrade

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all-

I am looking to upgrade my OEM stereo with something new. I have an 05 XLT with a stock single disk HU non pioneer non factory sub system. I reading through the searches I am looking for some advice on what to get.

Looking to upgrade:

Speakers

HU

Maybe add a sub

What do people recommend? I saw a lot of pioneer speaker recommendations and those seem good according to crutchfield.

What about a HU? Dont really want anything over the top, just something reliable that plays the most recent formats.

Thoughts? Last time I messed with stereos KRACO was the sh**!! LOL

Cheers

Kinley

I agree with Big D, it all depends on your taste, needs, budget, etc...

I went a bit over budget with mines, but I can't complain about the sound. One of the cleanest, systems I have ever owned to date...

Pioneer AVH-P3100 DVD head unit, one of the more reasonably priced double din head units out there, and worth every penny. Check out crutchfield for reviews...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Replaced the stock 6x8's with premier coaxials.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Under seat enclosure, .45 cf loaded with a premier shallow mount sub.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Alpine PDX5 amp provides juice to all speakers...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Maybe fellow member Steve (swshawaii) can hook you up with something, he's in the AV buis, bought my system from his former employer.

Good luck on finding the right system for you...

No issues at all. Any 6x8 should work, 5x7's will fit as well with an adapter.

Crutchfield isn't 100% accurate when it comes to fitment. According to them, the headunit I have should not fit as well...

you could also check out crutchfield.com the good thing about theses guys is that they will give you the wire kit and a din kit free with the radio purchase