07 4.0L V-6

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse Burgess

Reaction score
I have a smokin hot silver 4.0L 2wd 07 ST. I have 5000 miles on it. I love it a great deal. Quality of this vehicle is the best that I have ever seen. The door handle that everyone seems to be bitching about is absolutely nothing. If nothing else else, its nice to rest my knee against while driving! I do have one thing a one thing I would change or tweak a bit if I could. It seems to me that the rev range for the 3rd to 4th gear on the 5 speed is too low. It will usually shift out at about 2500 even when I am wanting more performance and feel is should shift out at about 3500 to 4000. Also, sometimes I have noticed it takes me pushing the pedal way, way down to get to the opposite and bring it out of 4th gear into a higher rpm passing mode. Anyone else have this problem? Im wondering if the dealer could tweak the shift ranges or something. Im not a mechanic but it seems like something could be done. Another thing is that when I hold the pedal steady at say for example 45 miles per hour..seems like the RPMs fluctuate a bit causing a very very small lurching action that probably only I can feel cause Im paying attention and watching the gauge. Its almost as if the engine/trans doesnt know what to do with itself. Its hard to describe. Anyone have any input on this? Also, I am getting according to the trip computer, 18 average miles per gallon. Not bad for hot OK 95 plus weather running AC full time.

It can be changed, BUT not by the dealer,,, For now any way... Ford has changed the V8 tranny shifting, But not the v6...

IF you can find a SCT dealer that is actually alive you can have them get you a program and you can change it your self...

Cost about $400.00

Also could complain to the dealer enough that maybe ford will do something about it..

Todd Z

Guess that I will have to complain then..I certainly dont want to spend $400 for something that I feel should be examined and taken care of by Ford. Thanks for the tip.