'07 Aftermarket upgrade compatibility

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill V

Reaction score
So, has anyone started a list yet of which of the most common pre-'07 aftermarket upgrades are '07-compatible? Some obviously won't be--the taillights, for example. But what about others?

--ARE and other tonneau covers

--LeverLift

--Rear and side window visors

--electronic tailgate actuator

etc. etc. etc.

For those that aren't '07 compatible, have any of their vendors provided an ETA?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill,

I have not seen an 07 and have not had a chance to take any measurements, but The LeverLift EZLift kits should be fairly compatible. Perhaps only moving some screw holes, would make the existing mountings work.

...Rich

Bill,

No pre-'07 ARE or other tonneau cover will be compatible with the '07's new bed. The new bed is wider, longer and deeper than the '01 to '05 models.

As for the side window visors, the rear doors on the '07 are longer than the rear doors on the '01 to '05 models. I don't know if the front doors are the same size across all model years, but I would guess they won't be.

As for the rear window visor, since the current '07 doesn't have a rear window you can put down, you don't need a rear window visor.

Alan

Aftermarket tail lights for the '04-up F150 Flareside should fit. Aren't they the same tail lights as those found on the '07 ST?

Bill, I am currently working on a rewrite of the Aftermarket Parts section of the site. If I can get a couple of volunteer editors, my goal is to revamp the area by reorganizing it, pruning out what is no longer available, and also adding a classification for describing parts as "Gen 1" "Gen 2" and "Both Generations."

Anybody interested in helping edit the list?

Rich L--

I take it that you are assuming that the weight of the factory lid isn't changing significantly. If so, I'm guessing you'd need completely different pistons? Not to mention the compatibility of the plates that mount to the bed...

Good luck! And thanks!

--Bill

The new cover is 3 lbs. lighter.

Paul, if you've got the time...we've got the beer...I mean, yes, I would love the help. I'll be in touch.

Bill V,

As Rich stated, the cover is slightly lighter than the current cover. I had heard that at the the National Meet in Dallas this past October, so I knew the gas springs would not need changing.

I know the 07 Sport Trac is about 2" wider and 5 inches longer, but I don't know how much of that size increase was added to the bed. Once I can get a tape measure on one, I'll start making compatible EZLift kits. I suspect I will only need to make minor changes to the mounting holes to fit the new models.

...Rich

Latest posts