07 Bad Day

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PRM, interesting, thanks for that info. That is what my Ford dealer is like. If they do ask that question on yours be sure to tell them. I know what you mean about it getting annoying. You almost feel like filling the worst possible survey just to get even. lol.

I just got off phone with FORD survey from houston texas

I am in ga

Guy asked me to tell him about my sport trac buying experience.

Told him the same story above - (I AM NOT SURE WHY)

He said "what would it take to make you a satisfied customer"

I said it would be nice if someone could help me out with all the options I HAD TO PAY FOR THAT I DID NOT WANT.

I ALSO ASKED HIM WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO TO MAKE ME SATISFIED

He said" all I can say is I am sorry for you experience"

I told him that I am sure I will not hear one word from anyone on my buying experience

I TOLD HIM ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 100 - I WOULD GIVE MY EXPERIENCE AS A 1.

he saidn "good-by"

I am not sure what FORD is trying to do - call and get GREAT EXPERIENCES.

AND NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THOSE THAT HAVE HORRIBLE ONES.

FORD COULD SAVE MILLIONS - JUST DON'T HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE OR HIRE OTHER COMPANYS TO CALL ABOUT THEIR BUYING EXPERIENCES - IF ALL THEY ARE GOING TO DO IS THROW THEM IN THE TRASH CANS.

bill in decatur ga

I had a Nissan salesman call me a few days ago. At first I thought he was trying to sell me a car. I told him I already bought a car from someone else. He asked me why I gave a bad feedback on him. It was then I remembered him. My buddy and I stopped by to look at Nissans during lunch. This guy kept walking away from us, and working with some other customer. He made us late for work, and we never even got info on a price.

I left my information for him to call me with more info when he had a chance to talk with his manager. About a week later I get a phone survey from his dealership, Fenton Nissan in OKC. I told them the honest truth about how I was treated in the dealership, and that all I really wanted was a return call and some undivided attention from the saleman.

This salemans called me a month after my visit and then had the nerve to ask why I gave him bad feedback.

My Mazda experience was the best I've had in years. No schemes. lies or B.S., and I got a good deal to boot on a high demand car. Icing on the cake is a 4 year/50K mile warranty. Zoom-Zoom! :D

Wow. Looks like the message is to find the right dealer...I've special ordered every one of the following vehicles exactly like my wife and I wanted (except the Mustang-that was BW-Before Wife) from Bill Utter Ford in Denton, TX, and they have every one of them been correct upon delivery:

1972 Mach 1

1979 Granada (My new wife wanted it-She got it!)

1985 LTD Crown Vic

1990 Aerostar

1996 Taurus

2000 Windstar

2003 Expedition

2007 Sport Trac (Ghosty) - ordered in Feb, picked up by me in March. Job1. I love this truck!I sure agree with ewwing in ga - Get used to it, get happy with it, be glad it's nice and new, and MOVE ON DOWN THE ROAD!!

Arrrr. It's not a Sport Trac without the rear power window. Can't believe it's even an option. No wonder Ford is going down the tube.

PRM, sorry to hear about your order screw up. I would not want them installing a PDBL after that fact, it will probably void something on your warranty, even if they say it won't, it will alter when you bring it in and it is leaking or something.

Find a comparable stock truck or reorder, but then again who knows if you reorder that it will be right!!

I was gonna order but too stock a couple of days later becuase a dealership in my area got a truck in with most of my options. Now that i have it love it. PDBL has to be the best option, make sure you get it, youll regret if you don't

From what I've read here, makes me wonder why anyone wants something so bad that they would go to that much trouble. I hate buying vehicles and if I don't see what I want, I leave. If the sales person is obstinent, I leave. If I feel like I'm being Scrwd too much [always feel like it a little], I leave. There's always another dealer, another brand and another day.

The PDBL is an absolute necessity to me. I use it almost every day on my '02 ST. I could be more flexible with other options, so finding a similar one in stock somewhere is a possibility. Otherwise, I'll just reorder and start the wait all over... Dissapointed, yes, but it's not the end of the world.

I told them I'd be happy to take one off the lot. As long as it is almost exactly what I ordered. (I could live without the Reverse Sensor).

AllI can say is, "Wow, and I thought my buying experience was bad!" All my dealer did was make me wait 8 weeks for the wrong vehicle (wrong color interior) and then another 10 weeks for a Job 2 (glad I ended up with a Job 2, though). As a kind of funny aside, the dealer was explaining to me how rare this screwup on Ford's part was, and he tells me their Ford Rep mentioned she just finished taking a class at Ford on how to deal with screwups like mine. I said, "How rare is it if Ford teaches a class on how to deal with it?" Based on some comments here, not very rare. And I totally agree with the survey BS. Even if you were happy with the experience, the way they push the "excellent only" bit is very annoying. You feel like saying, "You want me to lie for you? Sorry."