07 Brake pedal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnPenny Peluso

V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
Reaction score
I have noticed that if I hold pressure on the break pedal, for a few minutes, that I can apply what appear to be the same pressure after a period of time, and the break pedal will sink more. It is slowly. No brake indicator lights seen?

Am I loosing it, or is this common?

John P:

I complained on mine at the 5000 service but they said they couldn't see any issue with it and nothing was done. It still bothers me about the soft pedal and the fact that if you hold the pedal down it will drop towards the floor. It stops OK but my 98 Grand Prix GT with 130,000 plus miles brakes seem to stop better. I know there is a weight difference but it still doesn't feel right. There is also quite a mileage difference too. I will complain again when I take it in for the 10000 mile service. I will also complain about the 6 speed tranny shifts. There are a few things that don't feel right about this vehicle since it was new. Never had to complain this much about any new vehicle I've owned before. If they could fix a couple of things, I'd be 100 % happy. Still a great truck though. I can live with these items but for the price you shouldn't have to!

Gary
:huh:

Maybe I haven't been that observant, I haven't noticed a soft pedal. Will have to experiment. I agree the truck's brakes perform well getting it stopped. Ford made it a point to sell the feature of larger brakes on the 07 and when towing, this is a big improvement. I have the adjustable pedals, wonder if the pedal position has anything to do with brake feel. I am 6'5" so I keep the pedals as low as they can go.

The new style F150 is that way too. It has been discussed many times at F150online.com and it is considered to be normal.

Most vehicles I ever owned, that had vacuum assist power brakes, have done this. I never had problem stoping though. You can check for a tight seal on the check valve and hose on the vacuum booster.

I just bought an 08 and brakes suck as bad as my 02. For me to get a good brake pedal, I feel I need to pump the brakes slightly.

Latest posts