07 Fixed Rear Glass - WHY?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Szoka

Reaction score
Anyone know the reason for not including a power up/down rear window on the new Sport Trac?

I have been waiting to order a loaded Limited V8, and I really want a rear window that opens.

Great for the dog and kids. The only other option in question is the NAV system (58Q). It is listed a "late availability" in the order guide. It is listed a optional on the Limited, and not available with the Heated Windsheild option (52B).

Also noted in the order guide as "late availability" is something called "Power Down Backlight". I am hoping this is a typo and should read "Back Window".

Late Availibility is specified as Summer 2006. Anyone have a more specific date.

Lastly, the salesperson I am working with left me a voice-mail today saying that there is a Blue XLT in transit to his dealership and should be there within a week. I can't wait to drive it!!!

I agree on the "term" for the back window, as we have always called it a "backlite"

in the factories that I have worked at!

Supposedly because of crash tests the powered rear window is not on the early production

07's, but will be added later. Personnaly I would wait. It's not a Sport Trac with a fixed window.

I agree on waiting. When the 1st generation ST came out, I wanted one and told my

brother in-law about it. He bought one (and still has it). I drive 20k mile per year so

I went the conservative route and bought a Honda CRV. Nice, but certainly a chick car,

and way underpowered.

I'm in the same quandry this time, and even drove the new GTI, and V6 RAV4. Both fast,

and have good MPG ratings. I even, for a brief delusional moment, though of getting

a new CRV! However, I hope the test drive of the ST knocks some

sense into me! I am lucky engough to be able to purchase one on the A-plan, so that

helps with the numbers a little. Plus gas prices seem to be dropping a little. The salesman

I am working with said that I can order one now with the NAV, and power down back-lite,

and will be able to be one of the first in line when they are available.

I will be sure to bring my PIN, and a pen, when I test drive it!!!:lol:

What do you guys think of the Nav system? Its alot of money (if it will be available) and I want to make sure its worth it.

Also, makes no sense that you cant get it with the heated windshield. Whats the deal with that?

Yes, the rear window is cool.

The Tacoma has one, but it is tiny, plus the Taco does not have a sunroof option.

The Frontier has a fixed rear window in the Crew cab, but you can get a sunroof.

The ST offers both this summer, and blows away both of those trucks, in my opinion.

Not sure why heated windshield is not available with the NAV. Electrical interference?

Wonder how much it would cost to replace one if it cracked? It seems nice, but I would

choose the NAV. $1995 (Explorer Price), but includes the (583) Audiophile AM/FM 6-CD Player In-Dash Changer ($510) minus (52B) Heated Windshield ($300), boost my cost by $1185. Not too bad!

how good does it work?

especially in the concrete canyons of NYC?

Latest posts