What’s it worth?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKF

2008 Limited
Reaction score
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Here’s a good one…I was browsing around used cars for sale in my area. It occurred to me that I’ve had my truck for 3 years now. It’s darn near perfect in every way other than 245K miles on the odometer. So as I’m browsing some internet bots pick up my trail. I get a call from my local AutoNation…really nice lady, hey, come on down and we’ll give you an appraisal on your truck. The other day just for spits and giggles I took it over there. They keep me waiting 40 minutes before coming out to tell me, well, we’re prepared to offer you $500 for your truck sir.

I say, “hey, thanks, can I get the keys back?” As they hand them back they say - How about $1000?. Again I say thanks a lot and head out the door to my truck. I get in, start it, and 2 people come running out- - “roll your window down - listen, we’ll give you $1500 for it right now.” I said - “Well, that’s about 3/4 of the way to the cost of my wheels and tires I bought last year.” Then I drove away.

It’s pretty much what I had anticipated but I still had to say to myself…”You gotta be frickin kiddin me…!!!”

Attachments

• IMG_8335.png
    IMG_8335.png
    2.4 MB
  • IMG_8334.png
    IMG_8334.png
    2.8 MB
Unless desparate or really pressed for time, it's beyond me why anyone would sell a used vehicle to a dealer or auto broker. SMH

Latest posts