07 Job 2's started running Tuesday

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Yarbough

Supporting Member
Reaction score
HERE YEE! HERE YEE!

The Louisville Assembly plant started running Job 2 ST's on Tuesday August 8!:D

Waiting on a confirmation on the accuracy of my build date. My dealer told me August 23rd but i'm waiting on a confirmation from someone that works at the plant. Currently my VIN# is not showing up on the production schedule but hopefully that'll change soon.:)

I'm in the same boat you are in. Still waiting on a VIN. Dealer says it should be any day now. They also said 4-6 weeks for delivery!! I've been waiting patiently since 5 July!! Keep us posted!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw that on the LAP forum. Come on new ST. Can't wait! :D

You said you have a VIN. Could you tell me the approximate consecutive build number (last five characters)? I don't need to know the exact number. For instance, is it higher than 32000? I'm curious because I would like to be able to narrow the choices to Job 2 vehicles when searching dealer inventories.

Speaking of Job 2's, does anyone know if side curtain airbags are still an option on the Sport Trac Limited or have they become standard as on 07 Explorer Limited's?

Does anyone know if the nav systems were being installed prior to Job 2? I've seen a couple of Tracs in dealer inventories that have this option. One was VIN 1FMEU53807U A29909.

Yes, Nav systems were being installed prior to job 2. Here is what's new according to the order guide:

JOB 2 ORDER GUIDE UPDATES (effective on

all vehicles built on or after 08/07/06)

• Standard Audio Input Jack

• Reverse Sensing System (Optional)

• Navigation Radio (Optional)

• Power Sliding Rear Window (Optional)

• New standard: Class II Trailer Tow (can upgrade

to Class III/IV Trailer Tow package on both series)

• New Satellite Radio Digital Receiver (SDARS)

(optional across both series and avail.

w/Navigation System)

• New redundant controls, new DEATC and new 4

line message center display avail. in Limited

Electronics package

• New Limited chrome Package

• 16" Cast Aluminum Wheel replaced by 16"

Painted Cast Aluminum Wheel

• Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System on XLT and

Limited series

• Colors Added:

— Orange Frost Clearcoat Metallic (NL)

— Carbon Clearcoat Metallic (G5)

• Colors Deleted:

— Mineral Grey Clearcoat Metallic

They also changed the door pulls. Not sure if there are any other changes "behind the scenes."

That's an odd option to delete. Must be a sub-contractor availability issue. Either way though, I did not order them. I have a nice Yakima rack that will do the job. :D Wish I would have know about the Homelink mirror though. May have to add that one.

Anyone have an idea of how long an order typically takes once you have the VIN? Dealer called me with the VIN today. :cool: It's progress!

Plant shutdown was in July, so they're in full production. Depending on line rate, freight/train delivery, and dealer prep, it should be 4-5 weeks. JUST an estimate, Pauly. :cool: