07 or 08 Sport Trac ?????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Ward

Reaction score
I am looking into getting an 07 Sport Trac but maybe waiting for the 08 Sport Tracs to come out and order one of those.

I an looking for any info on any changes to the 08 Sport Trac that would change my mind. Also when can I order the 07 and when I can order an 08 model as what I want in this truck the dealers don't have at all, can't find.

Thanks,

Chris

Yuma, az

928-328-3269

:blink:;)

I would not order either. If you are "into" the ST, buy it off the lot...!

Before you sign, though, take it on an EXTENDED test drive. Like 1/2 - to 1 hour. This to make sure that you get an engine that doesn't sound like a rock polisher. No kiddin, Chris. You may not get all of the options you want - or maybe you have to pay for an extra or two. In my book, though, that's far better than getting some of the sh_t build engines (V8s) that are coming out of Ford. That said, it (the ST) is still a really nice truck

08 starts production towards the end of July, but order bank opens via dealers before then, so July. Bluetooth/iPod connectivity (see link), and a few other SLICK options. ;)

I planed on buying the top of the line with most of what they have to offer, I just think that the 08 will have some more stuff. Should I buy on line or go in and deal with all the stuff at the dealers???:blink::unsure:

FYI - Dual integrated top-loaded DVD headrests are now available as a dealer-installed option across most 07MY vehicles (Edge/Escape/Expedition/Explorer/F150/500/Freestyle/Fusion/MKX/Mariner/MarkLT/Montego/Mountaineer/Navigator/MKZ. Both headrests can play independently, though can sync to one player for identical viewing. System comes w/ wireless headsets, though can FM-modulate to the vehicle's sound system. (Separate remote control available to order as well.) Make sure to ask for "Ford Licensed Accessories", which is a subset of "Ford Genuine Accessories."

A painted and prepped kit will take about 1 hour for 2 people to install. This does not include the time to prep and paint the pieces. The kit will take approximately 5 hours to properly prep and paint @ the dealer. The base supplier P/N for the Explorer headrest system is xxxx-78611A08-xxxx.

The link below is to the supplier (Invision) that's worked w/ Ford to offer the product.

Latest posts