07 Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy malone

Reaction score
drove an 07 limited V6 today, was very impressed with the ride compared to my 2001.. my 01 seemd to have more power but its the 4-10 gears vers the 3.73's in the 07.. didn't even look at the V8 due to the numerous engine issues... whats everyones thoughts on the 07 transmissions?? do you think we will have the same haunting issues with the 5 speed?? any big known problems with the 07's??

also dove an 06 F150 FX4 super cab with the 5.4 v8.... WOW! but it seems really big after driving the ST for 6 years... Ride was not as smooth as the 07 ST and the ST had way more inside features... heated seats, 6 disk cd changer, power back window...the v8 was Awesome,, olyn turning 1800 rpm at 70 mph... didn't really like the seatbelts.. they are connected t the seats and not adjustable...

Price was pretty close with the F-150 being a little cheaper due to the $5500 cash back..

the ST has $1500.. Sales manager is a friend of mine and was giving me very tempting deals on either...

any input???

thanks in advanced

Troy

I think the numerous engine issues you hear of are because no one posts when all is well, only when things go wrong. How many posts do you see for the first gen ones saying that thier rubber elbow hose on the engine is working great? I think it is just a select few that are having the problem. I bet they were all built around the same build date if you look into it deeper. May have been a bad component in there somewhere... My V8 seems to be doing just fine. It was built the middle-end of July and delivered to me first week of August. Close to 5,000 miles and sounds like every other engine..

If you feel safer getting the V6 then by all means, get it. The '07 is a lot quieter and more comfortable inside then my gen 1 was. If you ever plan on towing though, you may want to go ahead and get the V8. It does have a 6yr/60k warranty on the drivetrain.....

Last edited by a moderator:
TroY:

You know what? A1 is probably right about the V8 issues. It could very well have been a timing (build date) thing. I think he's also right in recommending the V8 Vs. V6, if you want or need the extra power. The other thing going for you is that the Sales Mgr is a friend of yours. I'd think you'd have more leverage, if you run into a problem. That said - I've been snake-bit, myself. If I had to do it over again, I'd be looking to buy from dealer stock and then doing a lengthy and comprehensive pre-buy inspection / engine runs / test drive(s) first.

Live and learn. (V8 in the shop now 5 days - 2nd time.)

I went from an '03 ST to an F150 Supercab FX4 w/ the 5.4 and the flareside bed. The F150 drives well but certainly feels much larger, maneuvering in tight spots is difficult, and the ride is a bit bumpier. The interior appointments, look and feel are much better than the earlier STs, but the '07 ST you are considering erases that deficit and more. I would base my decision on the amount of gear you need to carry in back, fuel economy(my FX4 sucks it down) and which one feels better in your hands. I will say that if had waited 6 months to buy, I would have probably bought the '07 ST in Orange Frost.....

I'm new to the sport trac forum, i bought my 07 sport trac in late june, have 3000 miles to date..love driving it. it is an 07 V6 limited 4x4. very quiet great ride, engine and trans are good no issues yet.

Buy the v8. Mine is a Limited built in July, over 5000 miles, no problems with the engine. Good power, OK fuel economy. Plus a 292hp 4.6 v8 Sport Trac will eat a 300hp 5.4 v8 F-150, lighter truck with more gears.