07 sport trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been a while since ive posted, been a few vehicles in between since i had my 01 trac now my father has a 07 and i currently have a 2006 f250 with a 6.0 diesel with a intake exhast and a sct with custom tunes by inovative diesel. My father and i went to go visit his mother today, i needed to go get gas for my grandmothers cadillac. I got into the sport trac and when i turned the key on all of the dash lights came on and so did the radio, and the speedometer read 100 miles per hour and the rpm guage read 5k i continued to cycle the key on and off after about the 30th time the truck fired up. Drove to the gas station and let it run for a few minutes while i got gas then went back and let the truck sit for 2 hours before we left. Drove ot across town and while driving we lost all guages we shut the truck off and re started it and it was fine the rest of the evening. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions to start looking or solutions?

Brandon

Battery,

Our tracs get electrical gremlins with a battery that is getting weak.

The fact that the starter turns it over means nothing. Get the battery checked.

First, Have you checked the battery terminals for looseness or corrosion?

It wouldnt crank at all. But every light in the dash came on. And driving down the road the dummy lights were on and we lost tach and rpm's aswell. Headlights remained on though while driving.

Yeah, mine started up a while back with weird error messages like the "windshield wiper fluid low" when I knew it was full. Put in a new DieHard Platinum and it all went away. BTW, the DieHard Platinum turns the motor over twice as fast....so far so good!

Last edited by a moderator:
Evidentially the electronics are very sensative to the changes. Had a similar situation with my wife's 2003 Monte Carlo